• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Ball turn at 2.9° today, ind v pak game also here,ball might turn 4.o° or more.

I hope they decides to open Brand new track otherwise Ind v pak game will be very low score Affair, India will miss chahal who seems to me very handy at pallekele because he has more experience to exploits this sorts of track.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Back when CW had that thing called CWPL, I picked this dude Samarawickrama in my team.

Good to see that SL is giving a long run in the team. He should be their all-format keeper.

number11

State Regular
I didn't realize this was on TNT sports [prev. BT sports] and have tuned in. These young Lankan players look so technically sound. Esp Sadeera. They also have some young quicks. Lanka look good for the middle term.

Bangladesh are an omnishambles. 25 years after becoming a proper side, they are still terrible.

number11

State Regular
My understanding is that Lanka has excellent schools cricket which keeps these talented guys coming through the system.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
My understanding is that Lanka has excellent schools cricket which keeps these talented guys coming through the system.
Advantage Home wicket plus batting 2nd more easy koz Dew, not easy for spinner to hold or spin the ball

33 more to win

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I've just realized that sri lanka are going to go to this wc with Dimuth K opening again. Wouldn't have predicted that he'de be here and A fernando wouldn't after the 2019 WC in a million years.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Especially when the organizers so desperately twist the schedule to suit one.
That means Sri Lanka must always make the finals..

Just checked- and indeed they have made 12/15 finals, while Bangladesh have made the other 3, thus denying Ind pak every single time. Won't be surprised if there's SL in the finals again.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
I love a good Gambhir but this just isn't true, is it? Agree with the rest. Chacha gets tied down by any good spinner and that leaves us with no one capable of hitting out. Fakhar's form is a big concern.
Not sure if its gambhiring but your pace attack is on level with india if not better. You are seriously underrating Afridi, Naseem Shah and Rauf.
On flat or bouncier pitches, Indian attack is far batter. Typical spinny SC surfaces narrow this gap for obvious reasons.

There are reports of a new pitch for tomorrow's match but if it's similar to the pitch used in SL v BD match, a low scoring thriller is in the offering.