• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
Upcoming Asia cup and WC, gives perfect opportunity to discuss the elephant in the room.

Why India are scared of playing Pakistan?

Why are cricket lovers so apathetic towards this issue like its the middle east conflict ffs.

To me personally it smacks of that rich kid with all the cricketing gear not wanting to play with his poorer but more talented neighbour, incase it showed them up. Or god forbid make the poor kid better in the process.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
The ongoing dispute and violence over Kashmir is the reason behind the failure to conduct India v Pakistan cricket encounters. As a neutral outsider, I suggest you look at the recent performances of both countries against other cricketing nations before you make comments like your last couple.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
The ongoing dispute and violence over Kashmir is the reason behind the failure to conduct India v Pakistan cricket encounters. As a neutral outsider, I suggest you look at the recent performances of both countries against other cricketing nations before you make comments like your last couple.
Major cop-out.

Prey tell me why they couldn't play a bi lateral series in UAE against PAK, like all they other countries did. BCCI citing dubai as a terrorist state, then going over and playing a few months after against someone else.

I'm sorry mate, BCCI are ***** cats. Plain and simple.

Can you also please expand on your point mate in your last paragraph. I am struggling to comprehend it. What has games against other countries got to do with anything?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Can you also please expand on your point mate in your last paragraph. I am struggling to comprehend it. What has games against other countries got to do with anything?
When 2 sides don't play each other, surely their relative performances against other nations is grounds for comparisons.

BTW My initial post comprised just one paragraph. I presume you meant last sentence.

cnerd123

likes this
The BCCI isn't the body that's against playing Pakistan. It's the Indian Government. This boycott has applied across basically all sports. The BCCI/ICC actually fix all ICC/ACC tournament structures to ensure as many India Vs Pakistan matches as possible because they understand how lucrative this game is.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
When 2 sides don't play each other, surely their relative performances against other nations is grounds for comparisons.

BTW My initial post comprised just one paragraph. I presume you meant last sentence.
That is pure deflection school ground mentality I am afraid to say.

You don't want to discuss the issue in hand but rather discuss which team is better from results against other teams? Or grammar? 🤣🤣 last bastion of a beaten man. Up your game mate.

Neutral you say? Reeto sunshine.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
The BCCI isn't the body that's against playing Pakistan. It's the Indian Government. This boycott has applied across basically all sports. The BCCI/ICC actually fix all ICC/ACC tournament structures to ensure as many India Vs Pakistan matches as possible because they understand how lucrative this game is.
Another cop out mate. Indians are full of them.

It's a shame you can't be more honest in the reasoning. I guess the delusion starts at the top.

Keep telling yourself that the government think those Pakistanis are all terrorists. If it makes you sleep better, I'm all for it.

But make no mistake. You are on the wrong side of history here.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
More than purposely inflammatory dribble like the original post of this thread.
In what way shape or form is it inflammatory dribble?

Care to construct a post with relevant facts statistics or even considered opinions contradicting what I have posted? You know, something akin to be called a debate.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sure, but then why does India play Pakistan in ICC tournaments and then boycott in other games? Is ICC more important than Kashmir? I think that hypocrisy should be pointed out.

However, I would agree that current conditions of both countries makes it a horrible environment to hold a bi-lateral series in.

Status
Not open for further replies.