• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You're Team Selector - post your team XI

Qlder

International Debutant
I'll start with Australia

1. Warner
2. Head
3. Marsh
4. Smith
5. Carey +
6. Green
7. Maxwell
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Zampa

Hazlewood for Agar if pitch good for pacers (I'd have him in XI for Cummins if he wasn't mandated as captain)

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imam-ul-Haq
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan+
Agha Salman
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf

Imad Wasim isn't part of the Asia Cup squad so that horse has bolted. Nawaz will probably play as the second spinner but I'd rather have Saud Shakeel at 4 and drop everyone down one spot. Agha and Iftikhar can bowl 10 between them.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan

F Zaman
Power hitter

I Ul-Haq
Steady head

B Azam (c)
World Superstar DJ

M Rizwan (w)
Run a ball acoumalater/powerhitter

M Harris
see Rizwan

S Agha/I Ahmed
Agha is steady and batting allrounder bowls RA offspin. Ahmed is powerhitter

S Khan
powerhitting legspinner

Imad Wasim/M Nawaz/F Ashraf/M Wasim Jr
Depending on wicket we got a variety of players for 5th bowler. Spinning or fast bowling allrounders

S Afridi
left arm quick can hit a mean ball too.

H Rauf
Right arm quick

N Shah
Right arm quick.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Allen
Conway+
Young
Mitchell
Latham
Phillips
Santner
Jamieson
Henry
Southee
Boult

KW not there leaves a massive hole. Conway will have to play out of his skin but he has the keeping duties so wont be easy.
Think at very best they make the semi's but hard to foresee anything beyond that.

trundler

Fraud Allen will get eaten alive by every opening bowler of note if he plays. NZ better hope Williamson recovers just in time.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Fraud Allen will get eaten alive by every opening bowler of note if he plays. NZ better hope Williamson recovers just in time.
Yeah gotta agree Allen inspires little confidence. Haven't heard about KW's progress. Is he still a chance?

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain

trundler

Yeah gotta agree Allen inspires little confidence. Haven't heard about KW's process. Is he still a chance?
Last I heard he said there's no saying when he'll be back but he's trying his best. Outside chance of him making the WC but you'd hope he does. He's batting in the nets again.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year

Qlder

International Debutant
He's not even close to making the squad. Jacks is the likely alternative opener. The bowling make up is where questions lie. There are still rumours that Archer might make it.
Australia will be so happy Crawley is not playing, leading run scorer in Ashes by playing Bazball/ODI cricket 😀 much more dangerous than Brook

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
No idea who is injured and who is available. Among the batsmen, the newbies and seniors have all been very inconsistent so it's quite hard to say who should play.

In no position to post an Indian XI strangely, even with just a couple of months to go. India is so toast this world cup.

OverratedSanity

This is the most unconvincing India have looked since 2007. Dravid a World Cup panauti for us even though much of the mess in our ODI team isn't necessarily his fault. Gill is the big hope, and Kohli's limited overs form has been much better.

Hopefully the Asia Cup clears things up, especially if Bumrah is back.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Allen
Conway+
Young
Mitchell
Latham
Phillips
Santner
Jamieson
Henry
Southee
Boult

KW not there leaves a massive hole. Conway will have to play out of his skin but he has the keeping duties so wont be easy.
Think at very best they make the semi's but hard to foresee anything beyond that.
why would Conway keep ahead of Latham

trundler

Pakistan

F Zaman
Power hitter

I Ul-Haq
Steady head

B Azam (c)
World Superstar DJ

M Rizwan (w)
Run a ball acoumalater/powerhitter

M Harris
see Rizwan

S Agha/I Ahmed
Agha is steady and batting allrounder bowls RA offspin. Ahmed is powerhitter

S Khan
powerhitting legspinner

Imad Wasim/M Nawaz/F Ashraf/M Wasim Jr
Depending on wicket we got a variety of players for 5th bowler. Spinning or fast bowling allrounders

S Afridi
left arm quick can hit a mean ball too.

H Rauf
Right arm quick

N Shah
Right arm quick.
Do you think Shadab at 7 is enough batting depth? I think both Agha and Iftikhar should play.