• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
I think the setup of the team will depend on whether Stokes can bowl. If, as I suspect, he can't, I can see him batting 3 again. Crawley, Duckett, Stokes, Root, Brook, Bairstow, Dawson, Wood, Leach, Robinson.

I'd have something like those 10, then the decision is whether you want another bowler (Rehan) or maybe stick Foakes in there.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Is Jofra likely to be fit for the India series ? If not England may struggle to bowl India out.

mccullum probably knows he has a weaker bowling lineup so it’ll boil down to whether bazball can overwhelm indias spinners

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
1-3 Upcoming loss for England next series in India.

India the unbeatable at home and overall 2nd best Test team behind Australia.

England can't win in Australia or India.

However hope England wins I will be watching this British car cash.

Shri

Mr. Glass
rank turners (not slow ones) should be the way to go

root/leach/whoever vs

jaiswal
rohit
gill
kohli
shreyas
pant
jaddu
axar
ashwin
shami
siraj

will be a no contest

only eng bat who can score more than 40 will be root

stokes/brook/bairstow etc are awesome on pitches that do nothing and balls that do nothing. will be ****ing awesome to hear rishabh make laughing appeals again 😂

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Moeen Ali would have been handy in India.

If Stokes is able to bowl after expected surgery, the top 7 should remain as it is and the bowlers likely be-

Leach
Robinson
Rehan
Wood/Stones/Tongue (express pacer)
& Root being the 3rd spinning option.

I don't expect Eng to win the series but their approach could help them make it a close series. I definitely see them winning 1 to 2 tests as long as Leachy is fit.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Moeen Ali would have been handy in India.

If Stokes is able to bowl after expected surgery, the top 7 should remain as it is and the bowlers likely be-

Leach
Robinson
Rehan
Wood/Stones/Tongue (express pacer)
& Root being the 3rd spinning option.

I don't expect Eng to win the series but their approach could help them make it a close series. I definitely see them winning 1 to 2 tests as long as Leachy is fit.
I think bazball will be a formidable threat to indias spinners. England’s bowling doesn’t convince me though and that’s why I don’t think they will win the series.

2-2 or 3-1 to India for me.

Molehill

International Captain
rank turners (not slow ones) should be the way to go
Nope, turns it into a lottery as shown against Australia, and frankly, the Indian batting is not that great at the mo. As an England fan, would happily see that.

You want pitches that bring out the strengths of Ashwin ahead of all others because he's the big difference.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Legacy of Ashwin & Jadeja could be defined by how they deal with this bazball challenge.

KP did something similar in 2012 and it worked a treat.

Socerer 01

International Captain
the cowards will make the pitches pure turners because they will have fear of what happened in Pakistan and end up making the average England spinners venomous

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
A team of KPs doing that could be a handful.

Only thing missing is a good spinner to compliment Leach. Maybe Rehan or some mystery fellow will pop up to recreate the magic of 2012?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nope, turns it into a lottery as shown against Australia, and frankly, the Indian batting is not that great at the mo. As an England fan, would happily see that.
slow pitches are a massive risk vs bazball

no sense in dropping a test for certain instead of backing our guys to beat eng on a turner

pant, shreyas, rohit, and jaiswal plus jaddu and ash are enough to win even if kohli and gill suck

Socerer 01

International Captain
slow pitches are a massive risk vs bazball

no sense in dropping a test for certain instead of backing our guys to beat eng on a turner

pant, shreyas, rohit, and jaiswal plus jaddu and ash are enough to win even if kohli and gill suck
Kohli played like a beast in last 2 tests and both were on spin pitches

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli played like a beast in last 2 tests and both were on spin pitches
no that was a dead track where playing too many shots got you out. but batters were safe as long as they kept taking ones and twos. these pitches will kill test cricket

CartyDurham

International Captain
1-3 Upcoming loss for England next series in India.

India the unbeatable at home and overall 2nd best Test team behind Australia.

England can't win in Australia or India.

However hope England wins I will be watching this British car cash.
Oh dear x 3

loterry1994

International Debutant
You’ll probably get bowled under 200 in those spin conditions normally anyway might as well try bazball style on it and see what happens

kevinw

International 12th Man
My curve ball starting side for India

Duckett, Crawley, Stokes, Root, Brook, Bairstow, Dawson, Ahmed, Leach and then rotate two of Woakes/Robinson/Anderson and Wood/Tongue. Spare players would be Foakes and Pope.