• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not cheating it's just really poor officiating having an undue influence on the game. Some things never change through history.
Yeah. It's just horrible umpiring. Like I said it's hard not to be cynical but it is what it is. Umpiring stocks are grim indeed if we're saddled with these two for a game of thsi magnitude.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The "new" ball only did a little bit more last night. The weather conditions are having a bigger impact imo.
You're right, but I was taking the piss out of it then too. It wasn't doing heaps but it was obviously a lot harder and doing a more than the previous ball, immediately. The umpiring decision was seriously weird and it's right to question it.

Khawaja's bad short ball technique has possibly cost Australia the series here. Should be dropped for it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm gonna miss the classic Broad to left-handers delivery. Looks so so good when he gets it right.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're right, but I was taking the piss out of then too. It wasn't doing heaps but it was obviously a lot harder and doing a more than the previous ball. The umpiring decision was seriously weird and it's right to question it.

Khawaja's bad short ball technique has possibly cost Australia the series here. Should be dropped for it.
Oh yeah, I'm laughing about it but it's absolutely shocking umpiring. Post-DRS you need to get creative to be that bad.

ajdude

International Coach
like i mean i’m ****ty as anybody about the ball change but a) England didn’t even ask for it to be changed, b) the outrage from media in this country is going to be so cringy, which leads to c) every old person i know will be asking me “gee do you think those poms were unfair with that ball change?” and i just don’t have the capacity to deal with that

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How funny is it though that Warner ends his career with less centuries in England than Marsh and Wade.

God he needs to be dropped like midgets were dropped from appearing in the new Wonka film.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You're right, but I was taking the piss out of it then too. It wasn't doing heaps but it was obviously a lot harder and doing a more than the previous ball, immediately. The umpiring decision was seriously weird and it's right to question it.

Definitely should drop the man responsible for both winning the Ashes and losing the series.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man

Harsh.. just because he dented the ball with his head. You mods are a trigger happy lot aren't ya ;)