• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
When Khawaja's test career was revived in 2015, he was picked averaging 25.13 from 9 tests and no hundreds. At that time Warner was averaging 46.78 with with 12 hundreds. Now, Warner is a husk, deconstructed shot by shot, while Khawaja lays claim to being the best test opener. Who would have thought?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably. Also Glenn McGrath at 37 was man of the tournament in a World Cup

I'm sure there are many others pre-1990s that as you know, I will not be aware of
Pacers didn't last that long before the modern era I think. Lillee and Trueman who both held the record for most wickets retired in their mid 30s. None of the west Indian quicks played that long either. Just Hadlee and Imran and Imran was more of a batsman by the end. Also Kapil but he sucked.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Pacers didn't last that long before the modern era I think. Lillee and Trueman who both held the record for most wickets retired in their mid 30s. None of the west Indian quicks played that long either. Just Hadlee and Imran and Imran was more of a batsman by the end. Also Kapil but he sucked.
Kapil’s last test was when he was 35 he doesn’t belong in this convo

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lillee retired at 34 and was considered ancient

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, a lot of these guys wouldn't have even known they had stress fractures back in the day. There's even an interview with Geoff Lawson where he said he was diagnosed with a stress fracture and just ignored it.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kapil’s last test was when he was 35 he doesn’t belong in this convo
Seemed to go on forever. At least this was my impression based on the fact that he played until '94 and sucked after '89 as a bowler. Just didn't miss any tests I guess.