• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Jimmy Anderson Happy 41st. Birthday from Cricket Web ❤

England 395 all out
Root 91, Ali m 24, J bairstow 78,
Broad 8 not out
(including 6, his last)

✍Joe root 60 Half century as well as 60 test wickets

Bowling

{Mitchell Starc
19/2/94/4}
{Josh Hazlewood
15/0/67/1}
{Pat Cummins
16/0/79/1}
{Mitchell Marsh
8/0/35/0}
{Todd Murphy
22. 5/0/110/4}

Aus need 384 for 😄3/1 win or eng need win to level series 2/2🤠

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't know I'd say England were the better team over the course of the series. Unless you're discounting the last couple of games because they were (almost) dead rubbers

That's what I'm saying, I don't think it did
Just No Australia should won 3rd test but choked and was bit better team in 1st two tests as well winning the big moments.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just No Australia should won 3rd test but choked and was bit better team in 1st two tests as well winning the big moments.
First Test was basically even. Aus only won because of a stupid declaration by England on day 1.
Second Test Aus were the much better team.
Tests 3, 4 and 5 England have been the better team. In the last 2 by a long way.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
England have managed to negate Khawaja's pull off a good length in the last few tests. Has been a big reason why he hasn't scored more and converted.

TheJediBrah

England have managed to negate Khawaja's pull off a good length in the last few tests. Has been a big reason why he hasn't scored more and converted.
Blocking off your only scoring shot will do that. Usman might have to figure out how to score off half volleys

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hate offies but can see Murphy getting hundreds of test wickets while being a useful 8-9 batsman

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
First Test was basically even. Aus only won because of a stupid declaration by England on day 1.
Second Test Aus were the much better team.
Tests 3, 4 and 5 England have been the better team. In the last 2 by a long way.
How England better team in the 3rd test we had you guys 7 down chasing 250! Basically brooke wicket away from a win.

That 3rd test was basically even Australia only lost because of sweep shot and No lyon.

Australia have owned England since 2015 let's be honest here 2019 should have been 3-1 as well.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
How England better team in the 3rd test we had guys 7 down chasing 250! Basically brooke wicket away from a win.

That 3rd test was basically even Australia only lost because of sweep shot and No lyon.

Australia have owned England since 2015 let's be honest here 2019 should have been 3-1 as well.
this dude is a multi for sure

TheJediBrah

How England better team in the 3rd test we had guys 7 down chasing 250! Basically brooke wicket away from a win.

If the 3rd Test was "basically even" then so was the 1st.

Which makes it 2-1 England from the other 3, assuming Aus don't get close this game.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant

Well you didn't get the Brooke wicket so it's irrelevant.

It's like me saying if we'd held our catches in first test we'd have won the first test.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Hate offies but can see Murphy getting hundreds of test wickets while being a useful 8-9 batsman
I think he will thrive if there is indeed a new, attacking norm in test match batting. Otherwise may appear innocuous on some tracks.