• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Shri

Mr. Glass
bairstow suspect under pressure. love him so hope he proves me wrong. but straight balls at a full length worth a punt

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think the main downside for me for bazball is there NEVER seems to be a place where they can shift downward in gear. There’s a golden mean somewhere to be had. We can see how it puts other teams on the back foot when it works but surely there are situations where you have to change tactics even if it’s for like half a session. There’s so much time left and if they bat sensibly and conserve wickets for a while, they can basically guarantee a win by posting 375-400. Like not even 50-50 but even a 80-20 rule of when to go for it probably results in a better statistical outcome.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the main downside for me for bazball is there NEVER seems to be a place where they can shift downward in gear. There’s a golden mean somewhere to be had. We can see how it puts other teams on the back foot when it works but surely there are situations where you have to change tactics even if it’s for like half a session. There’s so much time left and if they bat sensibly and conserve wickets for a while, they can basically guarantee a win by posting 375-400. Like not even 50-50 but even a 80-20 rule of when to go for it probably results in a better statistical outcome.
I mean this is obviously true in theory. But then you give up the clarity that comes from always knowing exactly how you’re going to play.