• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the idea of fielding a 100% home grown team, but the idea evades me as I impulse buy youths who are definitely over-valued and they end up as **** just to compete in friendly competitions.

Stick to ur home grown guys please.

I don’t wanna be a franchise owner

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Talking about the transfer market and valuations etc i recently picked up imo a steal 46 potential 15 trained , 20 movement spinner for 280K , I firmly believe this is due to spinners being under valued . Did I pay to much ?

1690443971942.png

ataraxia

International Coach
Obviously pretty awful outside of bowling, but certainly a quality bowler.

Think that with a bit of luck you could secure a player with a couple more accuracy points for a similar price, but I'm inclined to say that almost any player bought for $280K is a good deal. It's really quite cheap and sometimes amazing how quickly the price curve rises.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Obviously pretty awful outside of bowling, but certainly a quality bowler.

Think that with a bit of luck you could secure a player with a couple more accuracy points for a similar price, but I'm inclined to say that almost any player bought for $280K is a good deal. It's really quite cheap and sometimes amazing how quickly the price curve rises.
Agreed not sure if he will get to first 11 however feel if he just gets to normal flatline of 10/18/12 trained and sold as a 22 year old he will provide a decent profit , that's how i normally look at valuation . Doesn't always work out that way . I dont see many max movement spinners so feel like i lost out if that is true that bowlers like that with higher accuracy gets along , also another note i limit myself to African players only so Zim and SA , it limits the pool a lot as well .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I really don't like low-acc bowlers personally, so I wouldn't have paid as much.
Yea i get that , just feel if he had 2 to 4 more in accuracy his value would go 5 fold also then being a 50 pot player . I agree that its more desirable just wondering on your valuation . If his training goes to 14 Stam . And bowling off 10/18/12 . What would you value a spinner like that around 22 to 24 years old ?

cnerd123

likes this
Yea i get that , just feel if he had 2 to 4 more in accuracy his value would go 5 fold also then being a 50 pot player . I agree that its more desirable just wondering on your valuation . If his training goes to 14 Stam . And bowling off 10/18/12 . What would you value a spinner like that around 22 to 24 years old ?
I wouldn't touch him haha

I believe in diminishing returns in skills. 18 mov isn't that much better than 16. The gap between 10 and 12 is much more significant. With a 10/18/12, you're getting a spinner who will bowl some good balls but also a lot of pressure release ones in between. I think you got to have a very accurate attack / some economical bowlers around them to buffer for that.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I wouldn't touch him haha

I believe in diminishing returns in skills. 18 mov isn't that much better than 16. The gap between 10 and 12 is much more significant. With a 10/18/12, you're getting a spinner who will bowl some good balls but also a lot of pressure release ones in between. I think you got to have a very accurate attack / some economical bowlers around them to buffer for that.
Most important high skilled keeper as well as a great fielding is almost necessary for bowler like this or high movement bowlers in general , agreed on other bowlers and specific team dynamic etc . Also not completely in agreement on bigger difference from 10 to 12 then from 16 to 18 however also comparing accuracy to movement is fickle . Interesting your not telling me worth but fair that your not the target market , I still believe base value of a 40 trained bowler like this with decent Stam is around 400k min , right buyer and if possible to get him to high 30s at 19 to 20 years old that doubles . Seems I might be mistaken . Think its the spinner thing possibly. Thanks for the engagement .

cnerd123

likes this
I'm terrible at playing the TM haha. I think that's why FHK are doing great while ZCC have struggled for a while. Me trying to play the TM is actively hampering them!

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m pretty much sticking with what I have. But after much playing on the TM, I’ve decided that I generally don’t buy players with potentials of a stamina less than 12 and a fielding less than 10.

Having a terrible scouting run with the TMOs, for over a year, and not great TNTs either, is not helping long term longevity.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Staying up in a div with the three highest ExPs in the world and the rest around 65–66K is not exactly easy going, yes
I'm so used to Ociana and EurAfrica being the two most difficult and competitive leagues i needed to take a double take on this . I long time ago there was more leagues and one of the biggest criticisms was that some of the leagues isn't competitive , thus part of the reason for the mergers to 4 leagues . Because of your comment I quickly went through the leagues and it isn't as vast a difference as it used to be with Oceana still top and Eurafrica second however Asia and American not far off by any means .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm so used to Ociana and EurAfrica being the two most difficult and competitive leagues i needed to take a double take on this . I long time ago there was more leagues and one of the biggest criticisms was that some of the leagues isn't competitive , thus part of the reason for the mergers to 4 leagues . Because of your comment I quickly went through the leagues and it isn't as vast a difference as it used to be with Oceana still top and Eurafrica second however Asia and American not far off by any means .
Just a side note on this and something i shouldn't actually mention however one of the leagues that got the most criticism was the South Africans league This season in OD div 1 of EurAfrica its a 4/4 split with 4 of the teams originating from England and 4 from the old South African league . So something idiotic that actually made me very happy .

cnerd123

likes this
Yessss when the leagues were first merged us South African sides were very quickly relegated by the much stronger English teams. Glad to see this resurgence! Hopefully Krypto and I can stay up for some time to come :sport:

cnerd123

likes this
Getting an absolute pelting by Pest CC atm tho

Similar conditions and hence the same strategy that we employed vs Krypto's side last week. But haven't made any inroads into Pest CC's powerful top order. Going to require a miraculous chasing effort