• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you just made this up
TBF looking at the radar it does seem like the rain is clearing over Northern Wales. Not sure if the rain stops at 3pm but if the current radar patterns persist it might not completely be curtains?

I think an hour to mop up is too generous though. Seems a lot of rain has fallen so you'd probably need two.

Still seems very unlikely we'll get back on.

halba

International 12th Man
rain still all day- met office
the match is over- draw. the shake hands official in about two hours.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
You have to show the Australians that England have work ethic
... lol The Australians don't give a flying f....k about idiots spending time out in the rain whilst their laughing away inside chilling & relaxing inside.

It's almost like wearing a suit to bed for what the players are doing.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBF looking at the radar it does seem like the rain is clearing over Northern Wales. Not sure if the rain stops at 3pm but if the current radar patterns persist it might not completely be curtains?

I think an hour to mop up is too generous though. Seems a lot of rain has fallen so you'd probably need two.

There's suggestions there might be a break in the rain by 4:30pm but frankly by that point it's probably too late.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Makes the defenses of Robinson earlier in the series look very odd tbh when they could have had this instead.
Thing is, I don't think anyone would have picked Wood or Woakes over Robinson for the first Test (some might have picked one of them alongside him.) Robinson was a lock in the side based on his performances last summer and over the winter. That he was nowhere near his best is only clear in hindsight.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I really think persisting with Anderson and Robinson beyond the first test is where you guys went wrong. And lets face it, you should have won the first test even inspite of all that. You cant let 9 and 10 make 65 runs on the last day. Bowling Root was just a phenomenal error.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's suggestions there might be a break in the rain by 4:30pm but frankly by that point it's probably too late.
Interesting question though - what is the latest time play can start on a day? 6pm or is it earlier?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Again. Stop this.