• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I think we'd need quite a bit of play to win this game - the pitch is pretty flat and they have a bit of batting to come.

In a full days play we'd win the game but it's likely to need 2 or 3 hrs and that's not going to happen today.

slippy888

International Captain
You could say Australia where unlucky with the weather during the ashes 2005 when at least 100 overs where lost due to bad weather during the 5th test match at the oval

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking to the fifth test, how does The Oval play these days? My memories of it from the 70s-90s was it was the fastest test pitch in England but I don’t get that impression from recent tours, even setting aside the 2009 horrendous doctoring episode

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking to the fifth test, how does The Oval play these days? My memories of it from the 70s-90s was it was the fastest test pitch in England but I don’t get that impression from recent tours, even setting aside the 2009 horrendous doctoring episode
It was very green for the WTF but that wasn’t a typical pitch there

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Pitch inspection will be at 12:15. The players are then going to take lunch at 12:20 so we won't have play before 13:00. Love cricket. Instead of just getting on with it now it’s dry we’re gonna wait an hour when it’ll probably be raining again. Nice one.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
However England want it to is the answer isn't it?