• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

halba

International 12th Man
Hope so.

If one of Marsh or Green get out early, this could be over very quickly.
It's drizzle all day
Aus very very lucky here.
The only team sport where rain plays a part in deciding the outcome of a series- cos played over 5 days.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FWIW I think we get quite a bit of play. Weather band doesn't seem to be heading south and it's not raining now....

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rain rain go away,
Little Stokes wants to play,
Bazball, made in Christchurch (or wherever McCullum comes from)
:band:

Heboric

International Debutant
I dunno England had 30 overs to get through that ****ty Australian batting line up. The Dodgers should have taken a few more wickets

Qlder

International Debutant
With 5 wkts remaining and 61 behind hope Aus do better than 1st innings where they did their typical last 5 wkts for 63 off 28 overs

Sorry, dangling the hope 🥕 for Eng since its raining again....

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Rain rain go away,
Little Stokes wants to play,
Bazball, made in Christchurch (or wherever McCullum comes from)
:band:
McCullum is a South Dunedin bogan.

He went to King's High School in Dunners at the same time Richie McCaw was at Otago Boys also in Dunedin (rival schools). McCaw moved to Chch (or nearby) for university and rugby though.

Stokes is from Christchurch though.

Heboric

International Debutant
No, it isn't. There are many team sports when this happens with postponements, cancellations, changes of conditions etc
The weather almost had a huge saying in the 1995 rugby World Cup. The semi-final in Durban was close to be cancelled and that would have eliminated South Africa. But luckily it cleared up in time...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The weather almost had a huge saying in the 1995 rugby World Cup. The semi-final in Durban was close to be cancelled and that would have eliminated South Africa. But luckily it cleared up in time...
And luckily for you guys Abdel Benazzi had what looked like a legitimate try for France disallowed at the end of the match. Don't get me started on Suzie the waitress either.

I felt very sorry for the Saffa cricket team in the 92 World Cup against England though. Crazy rule!

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
While we're waiting I have this theory that overseas spinners who do well in India i.e. take big bags of 5-10 wickets are doomed to have short careers. I am thinking of Ajantha Mendis, Jason Krezja, Steve O'Keefe, Ajaz Patel and hopefully not now Murphy. There may be others, and probably a few exceptions. After kicking ass over there they then barely get another game after that. It's quite a strange curse. Of course the great Warnie never had that curse which is also interesting. It's almost like spinners get pigeonholed as India-only if they do well in India. I can't work out why it keeps happening.

Heboric

International Debutant
And luckily for you guys Abdel Benazzi had what looked like a legitimate try for France disallowed at the end of the match. Don't get me started on Suzie the waitress either.

I felt very sorry for the Saffa cricket team in the 92 World Cup against England though. Crazy rule!
Yep I remember that as well as Sweet Suzie

slowfinger

International Debutant
going down 2-0 early doors not such a clever idea now was it Stokesy, can hardly brag about pummeling the Aussies across 3 tests when the scoreline reads 2-1 to Australia