• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

hazsa19

International Regular
Not even declaring 30 mins before lunch admittedly with a strong possibility of having to bat again. Does feel that Stokes and Brook should have pushed it a little more on evening session of day 2
The only chance was to keep pushing after Root and Crawley got out with the hope of getting that lead up to 250 by lunch.

I don’t think you can really account for 2 full days of rain though. England have done everything right this match. If we’re lamenting anything it’s Edgbaston. Should never lose that and we’d go to the Oval 1-1 for the decider we all want.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Met Office weather warning for the North West tomorrow

"Rain, heavy at times, through Sunday is likely to cause some disruption, particularly to outdoor events."

Lol, dunno what they could be referring too
How is drainage system at Ground? In SL & Ind men power use special rags to clean wet spots which take hours.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
The only chance was to keep pushing after Root and Crawley got out with the hope of getting that lead up to 250 by lunch.

I don’t think you can really account for 2 full days of rain though. England have done everything right this match. If we’re lamenting anything it’s Edgbaston. Should never lose that and we’d go to the Oval 1-1 for the decider we all want.
Yeah Edgbaston really stings with this weather

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
If we do get any play, Australia should look to redeem their previous spirit of cricket failures, by deliberately hitting their wickets in order to give England their well-deserved victory
Spirit of cricket dictates that Australia forfeit their second innings as a gesture of good will.

G. S. Kohli

Yeah Edgbaston really stings with this weather
2/2 & Decider likely
Eng should win with 275 run lead moeen must take some wicket if game possible later on today or late tomorrow

I think in england at 2 am at night they play cricket in county matches is it true? I never been inside in england i was at Heathrow airport for 3 hour during my Flight from Mumbai to Newyork

Gob

International Coach
2/2 & Decider likely
Eng should win with 275 run lead moeen must take some wicket if game possible later on today or late tomorrow

I think in england at 2 am at night they play cricket in county matches is it true? I never been inside in england i was at Heathrow airport for 3 hour during my Flight from Mumbai to Newyork
You can't play international games after 7 pm sunny or not

G. S. Kohli

Spirit of cricket dictates that Australia forfeit their second innings as a gesture of good will.
No, they will not doing that

Garfield Sobers did that before (other than forfeit) vs eng & Eng not only Win test but win series for single mistake by sobers

Aus rather enjoyed heavy rain.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
hes an almost all rounder - Starc - always been handy with the bat. Similar to say Wasim Akram another left armer.
I wouldn't call Starc a true all-rounder. He is a bowler that can bat a bit. Akram the better player with both bat and ball, but even he wasn't a true all-rounder but his stats with the bat were not too bad.

Gob

International Coach
If the poms get 20-30 overs the Aussies are highly likely to fold like a cheap suit I think.

Still rain dancing.
If it all boil down to bat 45 to 50 overs to retain the urn, they might just get it done

It's bit different to going out to bat today with 2 sunny days to come. There isn't anything to achieve

Owzat

U19 Captain
Not even declaring 30 mins before lunch admittedly with a strong possibility of having to bat again. Does feel that Stokes and Brook should have pushed it a little more on evening session of day 2
To be fair Bairstow is very capable of shepherding the tail, something many of his detractors are probably oblivious to

I would have declared at lunch, aim being to have aussies 6-7 down by close if not all out. I suspect it will be moot come the end of the day, if the aussies are bowled out for under 200 then you'd suggest declaration was deffo way to go, 300 or heading that way then batting on may be vindicated except could become so little play England may not get a chance to bat again

Either Stokes had a "bat once" thought on, or he just wanted to see if Bairstow could rack up enough runs and declare/be all out if not, or maybe it was a bit of him wanting Jonny to succeed and in the back of his mind the criticism for declaring in the 1st Test even though England were near 400 ahead BUT the aussies hadn't batted, here the 189 or whatever at lunch was a lead the equivalent of which would have been aussies already all out for like 200 in the 1st Test.... (not sure what he thought, maybe carried away and thought they'd bowl the aussies out for 250 or less then with FOUR overs in the day's play making the difference)

either way the only reason batting on seems to have worked here is because Jonny made only his second score of any significance in the series, ironically first score (78) Stokes declared and was the other declaration debate

G. S. Kohli

All cricket lovers in india talked about Crawley & Bairstow's batting & Wood's bowling

Book store, Theater, Coffee shop & even super market youngster talked about run rate etc

i heard that they think england will beat even pakistan or nz in World cup semi this year. Many people predicted that

"india will not Qualify for even semi"

Frankly speaking i think lot depends on venue than who play bazball or so.