• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Spark

Global Moderator
Betting odds are your best friend when it comes to forecasts they’re usually more accurate
Nah as I've said before, medium range forecast models these days are excellent. Particularly for hurricanes and cyclones they are remarkably good these days

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
The thing is though we probably aren't going to get any more play. Which was a possibility we all saw coming before the game even started.
What will be even funnier (if said rain does eventuate) is the extra time Stokes threw away to allow Bairstow to get a "half century".

:laugh:

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bairstow doesn’t deserve the crap In my opinion his not that bad a bloke I reckon. Everyone that’s played with him hasn’t said much bad about him whether it be England or t20 leagues. His made a good effort to have a good white ball career and revive his test career. The media always try rile players up they still asking about the stumping tests after and after he nearly got a ton

Spark

Global Moderator
Bairstow doesn’t deserve the crap In my opinion his not that bad a bloke I reckon. Everyone that’s played with him hasn’t said much bad about him whether it be England or t20 leagues. His made a good effort to have a good white ball career and revive his test career. The media always try rile players up they still asking about the stumping tests after and after he nearly got a ton
It's a completely legitimate question though. It's the first media he'd done for a while and his keeping was the biggest issue going around for the first half of this series.

But yeah I didn't know about the detail around his father, that is ****ed up.

Ali TT

International Regular
Sorry can't do that because would be physically sick our own weather cost us Ashes
Weather will usually have a role to play in an English summer. It might be unfortunate timing with the match and series poised as it is but it can't be blamed for England failing to regain the Ashes. Their performance and tactics in the first two games are what we need to look at. Get yourself in such a hole then you're going to need all the luck to run your way to find a way out.

loterry1994

International Debutant
It's a completely legitimate question though. It's the first media he'd done for a while and his keeping was the biggest issue going around for the first half of this series.

If this was the other way around and happened to Carey for example i bet the media and past legends here would have been the same half them was salty already by robinsons sledges. The fans however I’m sure as hell we would have been far over it. Bairstow might be a bit insecure still don’t think his half the prick some users on here believe him to be.

the Aussies and media have definitely tried to rile up England and Johnny since the incident and it couldn’t have went better for England

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep Sunday's forecast has improved slightly but today looking predictably bleak from the get-go

1690010765036.png

Spark

Global Moderator
If this was the other way around and happened to Carey for example i bet the media and past legends here would have been the same half them was salty already by robinsons sledges. The fans however I’m sure as hell we would have been far over it. Bairstow might be a bit insecure still don’t think his half the prick some users on here believe him to be.
People did ask Carey about the stumping though. Gave a perfectly level headed answer while still holding his ground.

loterry1994

International Debutant
People did ask Carey about the stumping though. Gave a perfectly level headed answer while still holding his ground.
yeah but if your on the other end of course your not going to say man I wish I never done it and regret doing it now.Course the whole aus team gonna back him on it as well. Ever since the incident it’s just worked in Englands favour more and more. Carey looks absolute rattled every time his batted since and Bairstows made handy contributions with the bat since and Looks slightly better with the gloves

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I know forecasts can be fickle but this one seemed locked in and they really should have declared well before lunch. They couldn't realistically lose the game, so the only question was making sure they had enough time to take ten wickets.
Yeah I was literally screaming at the telly to declare at lunch,damn it we needed that extra 1h 20 mins instead of nearly 100 more runs

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Weather will usually have a role to play in an English summer. It might be unfortunate timing with the match and series poised as it is but it can't be blamed for England failing to regain the Ashes. Their performance and tactics in the first two games are what we need to look at. Get yourself in such a hole then you're going to need all the luck to run your way to find a way out.
Oh yeah the first two tests are really gutting now,particularly not finishing job at Edgbaston

hazsa19

International Regular
I really don't like Bairstow and stuff like this is why. He's absolutely awful at accepting legitimate criticism and has constantly across his career suggested that entirely fair commentary on his play is out of bounds, and seems to take it personally.
Bloke is a clown. But he’s our clown.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FWIW the Met indicates that there's an opening from 12-3. Not a massive one, but it's certainly not out of the question we still get some play.

Skies also might clear up after about 3pm tomorrow. Still enough time to bowl Australia out I think, though 1 and a half sessions at best is still tough.