• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
They’re going to have issues touring Australia in future as well, if this is the rule going forward. Some excellent planning from South Africa.

vandem

International 12th Man
Daryl Mitchell news from Lancashire Cricket preview of current first class game:

"Lancashire will be without Daryl Mitchell who misses the final match of his scheduled overseas spell with the Club. Due to Mitchell's unforeseen late selection in The Hundred, he is required to leave the UK in order to apply for a new visa therefore it was decided between the player, the Club and New Zealand Cricket that he would use this week as a rest period. "

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Daryl Mitchell news from Lancashire Cricket preview of current first class game:

"Lancashire will be without Daryl Mitchell who misses the final match of his scheduled overseas spell with the Club. Due to Mitchell's unforeseen late selection in The Hundred, he is required to leave the UK in order to apply for a new visa therefore it was decided between the player, the Club and New Zealand Cricket that he would use this week as a rest period. "

The Hundred strikes again in being terrible.

Anyway Lancs have a Hundred team so I'm sure they will be crying into their money.

thierry henry

International Coach
Anyone keen to make a big thing of the Australia Test at the Basin? I think the last time around there was a few of us attending. I think I might even have been around when Hurricane refused to stand to acknowledge Voges, but that might be a false memory tbf.
I'll be there, but in 20 years I've never met anyone off CW, so the odds of that changing are probably low

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Definitely good news … I’m guessing running between the wickets would be the thing he has to worry about most. Quick bursts of speed and then stopping suddenly and twisting around will put any ACL injury through a workout.

Jezroy

State Captain
RE: Kanye

Surely he’s on the plane as part of the squad? If he’s not quite ready at the start of the tournament, he could prove very valuable at the back end.

It definitely looks like he’s done the hard yards on the rehab. He’s to be commended for that. He’s looking that good when he’s only 5 months in to a rehab that's supposed to be 9ish

vandem

International 12th Man
RE: Kanye

Surely he’s on the plane as part of the squad? ...
Kane on the plane, yup.

A few interesting decisions for the selectors. Who takes the Macewell spot - McConchie or Foxcroft (or less likely Ravindra, I assume they want someone to spins it the other way from Santner / Sodhi)? Assume Young fills in for Kane - so do Chapman / Blundell go as reserve batter - or rely on McConchie/Foxcroft as batter injury backup? Does Neesham make way for Kane as 15th player, or do they take 1 less reserve seamer?

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Kane on the plane, yup.

A few interesting decisions for the selectors. Who takes the Macewell spot - McConchie or Foxcroft (or less likely Ravindra, I assume they want someone to spins it the other way from Santner / Sodhi)? Assume Young fills in for Kane - so do Chapman / Blundell go as reserve batter - or rely on McConchie/Foxcroft as batter injury backup? Does Neesham make way for Kane as 15th player, or do they take 1 less reserve seamer?
Surely Foxcroft is in the mix as a bolter with the Bracewell injury.