• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

ataraxia

International Coach

South Africa might be sending a second string test side because it clashes with their T20 comp which has first call on players.
What the ...

Though you can just swap the Aus and SA tests round, right? Or cancel the SA tour and make the Aus tour five tests, I dunno

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That's horse **** scheduling and priority making. Absolute dog ****.

I'm sorry, the CSA has guaranteed the SA20 access to players over and above international cricket, but it's also booked an international series at the tail-end of that comp? Am I reading this wrong that this is unprecedented lunacy for a national Board to play a part in international scheduling and have it clash with their own comp? Because I'm aware NZC and the likes plan international schedules that clash with franchise leagues elsewhere...but not their own comp then potentially not release their own players to play in the international schedule they organised.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone keen to make a big thing of the Australia Test at the Basin? I think the last time around there was a few of us attending. I think I might even have been around when Hurricane refused to stand to acknowledge Voges, but that might be a false memory tbf.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

South Africa might be sending a second string test side because it clashes with their T20 comp which has first call on players.
Chance to finally win a test series against them and for Latham to improve his batting stats against them as wwll.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Foxcroft's got to be in the ODI squad for the World Cup right? Especially with Bracewell injured, it's genuinely huge that he's eligible now.
Yeah he's gotta be straight in IMO. Macewell was such a weirdly huge loss for the balance of the team. Foxcroft could actually be better though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
stoked for addy ashok and foxcroft but cmmon man clarkson in t20 at this point is a no brainer....
Yeah it's bizarre. Clarkson was arguably the cross-format form player of last season and yet he can't even get picked for NZA, let alone NZ. Hard to know what the selectors are thinking.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As I said in the other thread Shipley not going to England is a bit odd for me. Reckon he'd thrive there. I guess Milne is still above him in the pecking order.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Milne had a lot of success in the hundred a couple years back, and has generally performed well during his county stints. Not surprised he was favoured over Shipley.

Jezroy

State Captain
Can't wait for a second string SA side to get a double washout against us
Yeah… if they can’t have any players from the SA20 comp, that’s not gonna be a second string side… that’s gonna essentially be a youth development team with someone like Dean Elgar thrown in that doesn’t get a T20 contract.

Potentially a massive letdown.

Flem274*

123/5
remember that early 00s SA tour where we had guys getting injured walking down the stairs (Fleming's book mentioned someone literally getting rekt jumping a fence)?

no mercy, get 'em.*

*or still lose both tests