• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
80 overs today and 83 yesterday . Light has been perfect both days.

Cricket needs to sort its **** out and just make them complete 90 overs when conditions are perfect.

County cricket sides manage 96 overs in a day regularly
I was particularly disappointed with England yesterday.

In a game where weather is likely to really play a part, we should have been busting a gut to get the 90 overs in.

17 overs have been lost already - that's over an hour. It's really poor.

91Jmay

International Coach

In a game where weather is likely to really play a part, we should have been busting a gut to get the 90 overs in.

Yeah it's not a particular team thing. Last hour today Aus took the piss a bit but we hardly seemed arsed to score.

loterry1994

International Debutant

well you got broad and jimmy like to have a lot of chats between balls with the skipper what do you expect. Teams slow the rate down to try get some momentum back, the penalties for it aren’t enough. Yeah you get fined and some loss of wtc points but none the players care about it doubt they even looking the points table

WICFan

State 12th Man
It's totally different game when you just trying to survive. Bowlers can keep trying stuff when you know you don't get hit for runs
A deficit and the thought of a couple of disrupted days play will get Australia caught in two minds.

They can't just occupy the crease with the way they've been playing, especially if England bowl short to entice them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Slowing down probably the right way to go there tbf. Guaranteed we had two relatively in-form hitters ready to go in the morning

loterry1994

International Debutant
Slowing down probably the right way to go there tbf. Guaranteed we had two relatively in-form hitters ready to go in the morning
it made no sense at all what difference does it make getting an extra 40 runs the last hour today compared to tommorow. If England don’t win it you’re blaming that last hour today. There’s no way England are losing if they declare straight away tommorow or with a 150 run lead. You don’t wanna play with time at all

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
A deficit and the thought of a couple of disrupted days play will get Australia caught in two minds.

They can't just occupy the crease with the way they've been playing, especially if England bowl short to entice them.
Just hope we don't regret that last hour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
it made no sense at all what difference does it make getting an extra 40 runs the last hour today compared to tommorow. If England don’t win it you’re blaming that last hour today. There’s no way England are losing if they declare straight away tommorow or with a 150 run lead. You don’t wanna play with time at all
If they both get out with the lead still around 50, then it’s very hard for us to win in reduced time. They were still
scoring at around 3.

loterry1994

International Debutant
If they both get out with the lead still around 50, then it’s very hard for us to win in reduced time. They were still
scoring at around 3.
still England in pretty much in a position where they can’t lose. They might need that extra hour in the coming days

loterry1994

International Debutant
Not losing isn’t good enough though. We need to win. We start tomorrow 6 down and a draw is much more likely
you’d rather declare straight off then bat another 1-1.5 hours. I’m pretty much saying is that England had the ball in their court to advance the game further and they didn’t want to the last hour. Even if stokes got out for example you’re telling me the others won’t get them over 100 lead still? It could be a moment they regret but we’ll see England got be careful and not over play it tommorow to the point where there isn’t enough time

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow...hell of a scorecard.

I don't usually say this sort of thing because people are entitled to their opinion but there is a bit of humble pie to be eaten with some England fans, especially the ones who attacked Crawley and saying he was only in the side because Daddy has money. Which has always patently been false. He has severely underdelivered but always been the best technical strokemaker by a country mile and other guys (Lees, Hameed, Sibley, Burns) have been tried as traditional stodgy opening bats and not offered anything.

England's inner circle have always known he's a hell of a talent and **** he's delivered in spades today. I'm over the moon for him, seems like a nice fella and is genuinely thrilling to watch.