• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair points from @Gob and @loterry1994. It's not going to be easy to judge, but I think they'll look to really push on for half a session tomorrow and hope there's enough time thereafter.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well he started middle of the order, moved up for that series but bear in mind 'in India' you play against spin not pace and can often be a war of attrition, what he did out there has little bearing on elsewhere

also where he's batted more than a handful of times ie 16+ innings and averages 33.48 and 25.93 happens to be 6 and 7 respectively, otherwise 1-5 he has scored 988 runs @ 24.09

so not much of a case for him to bat #4 anywhere but 'in India', 1-6 not 'in India' he averages 20.33, may as well bat care free down the order where it doesn't have much consequence if he's going to be the spinner
I like the quote unquote in India and the insinuation that playing spin is not a cricket skill. 8-)

91Jmay

International Coach
I mean with how Aus are slowing it down their over rate will probably be about 12s. So get 40 at them tomorrow and 30 at them Sunday to try and win it?
Should get 50/60 overs tomorrow I think. This last hour has been really puzzling though.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why aren't they 120 in front now. What's the point of this. Why isn't Brook smashing the 5th and 6th bowlers.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over rates were atrocious today but pretty entertaining aside from that. England's day I reckon

loterry1994

International Debutant
Ponting pretty much said it right. The pitch might look flatter cause of Englands dominate batting today m. But you can bet your house that Australia will score at a way lower run rate and probably look like their struggling

Gob

International Coach
That is easily the worst day for Australia in the whole tour including the WTC final. Only rain can save them

Looking ahead, Neser has to come in for some one. Hazelwood if Starc isn't fit. Also play Murphy ffs you need a spinner

Gob

International Coach
Ponting pretty much said it right. The pitch might look flatter cause of Englands dominate batting today m. But you can bet your house that Australia will score at a way lower run rate and probably look like their struggling
It's totally different game when you just trying to survive. Bowlers can keep trying stuff when you know you don't get hit for runs

loterry1994

International Debutant
It's totally different game when you just trying to survive. Bowlers can keep trying stuff when you know you don't get hit for runs
just worried for our top 4. Warners a walking wicket whatever you bowl and khawaja been nicking off cheaply the lasttwo tests. They cant rely on the lower order anymore. One guy scoring a 70-80 probably saves this test

91Jmay

International Coach
80 overs today and 83 yesterday . Light has been perfect both days.

Cricket needs to sort its **** out and just make them complete 90 overs when conditions are perfect.

County cricket sides manage 96 overs in a day regularly
Khawaja managed to somehow get the match ref to reduce their fines as well.

They should play on until light stops play or they hit over limit