• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been getting into habit ever since start of India tour.
True actually. He kept bowling at Rohit's pads in one of the tests in a pretty similar fashion to what he's done today.

Could be possible something's just not right with him physically /mentally at the moment. The ball where Moeen got his fifty where he laboriously ran after it wasn't the best look either.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cummins just hasn't looked that good whenever I've watched him, so I don't see this as very unusual. It's like he's not threatening enough on certain decks and somewhat dependent on pitching it in good areas. However, when he gets even that bit wrong...
He’s the world’s best bowler and has the record to back it up

Compare his record to Broad & Anderson - he’s levels above & literally every player names him as the world’s best

His mother died earlier this year and he hasn’t been the same since she took ill

Spark

Global Moderator
True actually. He kept bowling at Rohit's pads in one of the tests in a pretty similar fashion to what he's done today.

Could be possible something's just not right with him physically /mentally at the moment. The ball where Moeen got his fifty where he laboriously ran after it wasn't the best look either.
Is there something off with his wrist position or release or something? He just never had this problem before this year, but he just has no control over his line right now.

He's definitely not all there mentally though, his fielding in the last session was proof of that

Kirkut

International Regular
Anyways, good luck to Aus for a draw.

For the 5th test - drop Haze and Green, bring in Neser and Murphy.

Himannv

International Coach
Where have you watched him because this is like his sixth bad Test of his whole career.
Not often. This one here, of course, and one of the games when they toured SL. Might have been Galle. One of the matches vs Pakistan in Pakistan. Not pitches that favoured him probably so that might have been a factor. Just saw more from Starc and even Cam Green on those days so I wasn't impressed.

Gob

International Coach
Well this was what they were afraid of from test 1. It's hard to watch Cummins get treated like this from Crawley of all people

Spark

Global Moderator
Not often. This one here, of course, and one of the games when they toured SL. Might have been Galle. One of the matches vs Pakistan in Pakistan. Not pitches that favoured him probably so that might have been a factor. Just saw more from Starc and even Cam Green on those days so I wasn't impressed.
So you watched three out of the six, basically. Lesson is that we should send someone to stop you watching Aus games

Qlder

International Debutant
Haha my Aussie mate has just chucked a tantrum with a massive rant about how bad Aussie cricket is and has vowed never to watch again while Cummins is captain...

I get it so I'm out for the night as well. Hope it rains hard next 3 days 😉

Himannv

International Coach
He’s the world’s best bowler and has the record to back it up
That does seem to be the general opinion. I just watched Afridi bowl a day or two back and he was magnificent in comparison. I'm basing it on what I'm seeing right now so I guess it's unfair on Cummins and comparatively uninformed.