• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Jerome Taylor ton was gross.

From frontline batsmen Nicholls and Marnus have some stinkers in recent times.
Haha I didn't see the Taylor ton, but given he's almost certainly the worst batsman to have a Test ton it had to be up there.

Good call on Nicholls, though I think Marnus's luckiest/worst innings didn't end up tons. Might be misremembering things.

Spark

Global Moderator
Three and a half Tests into the series and they finally, finally put a stacked offside field against Crawley.

halba

International 12th Man
Aus lacking some serious young Pacey fast bowlers eg jhye Richardson or Lance Morris. Pity all injured and injury prone. That's the only weakness for most batters.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha I didn't see the Taylor ton, but given he's almost certainly the worst batsman to have a Test ton it had to be up there.

Good call on Nicholls, though I think Marnus's luckiest/worst innings didn't end up tons. Might be misremembering things.
Wasn't the one at Adelaide last Ashes series absolutely gross? Had one of the biggest dollies of all time to drop him on like 97 IIRC

morgieb

Never mind Anderson, are we witnessing the end of Hazlewood's Test career?
I think being honest he'll still remain in the frame especially because our depth is a little bit dubious (especially younger depth), but equally he's 32 and has been really injury-prone. I'd definitely think about making him a permanent white-ball only bowler.

In contrast, Starc has been seriously impressive. The one Australian bowler in the last few Tests that can hold his head high.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think being honest he'll still remain in the frame especially because our depth is a little bit dubious (especially younger depth), but equally he's 32 and has been really injury-prone. I'd definitely think about making him a permanent white-ball only bowler.

In contrast, Starc has been seriously impressive. The one Australian bowler in the last few Tests that can hold his head high.
It's only dubious because we never give anyone else a go

morgieb

Wasn't the one at Adelaide last Ashes series absolutely gross? Had one of the biggest dollies of all time to drop him on like 97 IIRC
For some reason I thought he got out in the 90's there. Yeah, fair call.

halba

International 12th Man
They should've given the ball to marsh by over 12. it's 30 overs and the game is gone , Cummins very weak captaincy, it's not like they have to worry about injury to him.