• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
62K and world #3. Goodness.

A poor R3 Cup draw might be needed to knock AXI back down to where they should be. But pray this continues, and that a victory over the Velociraptors – that could well bump us up to 2nd – may be managed.

cnerd123

likes this
Playing a U25 friendly between ZCC and FHK today. FHK a bit thin on bowling, ZCC a bit thin on batting. Interesting match up.

Reckon FHK are going to win this - they bat so deep they'll gun down any target

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both being sold by the same team to the same team would normally make me raise an eyebrow.

@ataraxia - I see you got a nibble on Majid at the second time of asking.

StephenZA

No. Certainly decent, long-term players but it feels like these days you can get a mature 40 skill bowler for a couple grand. So I'm not sure the point.
I can see them possibly being useful dev players for awhile if you want to keep your team near the top in dev league... but they have no long term value and that seems a lot to pay to stay up in dev league.

ataraxia

International Coach
Both being sold by the same team to the same team would normally make me raise an eyebrow.

@ataraxia - I see you got a nibble on Majid at the second time of asking.
Pretty sure it ain't that sort of problem – it's from a retiring affiliate to a very well-established team.

Majid's a very good player, though ofc not for my team. Was perhaps a bit optimistic in marking him down as a BD prospect, but at the least a top-class club bowler.

Jarquis

Pretty sure it ain't that sort of problem – it's from a retiring affiliate to a very well-established team.

Majid's a very good player, though ofc not for my team. Was perhaps a bit optimistic in marking him down as a BD prospect, but at the least a top-class club bowler.
Hence the 'would normally' ;)

Yeah, Majid definitely has potential. Surprised I didn't grab more than 1k for him but c'est la vie.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
For me its age and skill , both not 20 and already 35 and 36 trained , meaning they have more that 2 seasons in dev , thus the right buyer that is going for a dev title will pay for them . Decent player however not that much higher that what i would value them as untouched 16 year olds . However its the trained skill in this regards making them valuable imo .

cnerd123

likes this
Third consecutive century for Agnes Chow Vs ZCC. This is a mauling. I guessed they'd chase this town, but not this easily against what seems like pretty decent bowling!

Ewen Rockall struggling as skipper it seems

StephenZA

For me its age and skill , both not 20 and already 35 and 36 trained , meaning they have more that 2 seasons in dev , thus the right buyer that is going for a dev title will pay for them . Decent player however not that much higher that what i would value them as untouched 16 year olds . However its the trained skill in this regards making them valuable imo .
Its the only answer I could think of... I obviously don't have that sort of monies or care enough about development league!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Its the only answer I could think of... I obviously don't have that sort of monies or care enough about development league!
I actually checked out the bidder and he is 6th in the same Div 1 dev league as ataraxia , so probably trying to avoid relegation and push hard next season . Selling at that age I've seen is very profitable for some reason , if you have a decent 30odd skilled 19 year old it normally fetches decent prices . I hardly buy and very rarely when i did do i get the player as someone always willing to pay more .