• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I assume you didn't watch the Ind-Aus series in which case feel blessed that you missed the "banter" between him and Hayden. Beyond unlistenable.
I'm still convinced the reason Mark Waugh left mid series was because he couldn't stand being in the combox with him a second longer.

Molehill

International Captain
As well as Starc has bowled, Hazlewood has been very average. Not really threatened at all and now making Mo look like a number 3.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hey look at that montage of Crawley edging into the cordon. Let's bowl on leg stump

EDIT: Mind you he's had a little fortune in this innings so far.

ataraxia

International Coach
Even despite the Bazball reforms that turned British cricket on its head, England still manage to have some atrocious pawn at #3 and someone worse opening

slowfinger

International Debutant
if they can get through Cummins then I'd say England can help themselves today. Brilliant effort not to get Root in so far

Owzat

U19 Captain
The English quest for a steady top 3 has started when Strauss retired. During that long long period of time, England have always had a wealthy choice of keepers that can bat, bowlers that can bat, and genuine all-rounders.
If you can't find proper top order players, why not slot in an extra all-rounder?
Moeen might not succeed as a proper #3. Not even close, I'd say. Yet, he won't do (much) worse than, well, who exactly?
No doubt Root could bat #3 but don't wanna, I have said for some time I think Stokes could bat #3 (pre bazball first commented) but no doubt he don't wanna either

bottom line is a good #3 is quite hard to find, most are happy enough to have an easier time of it 4-6 and frankly the senior players should stand up rather than fill the role with newbs and bits n pieces