• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Well England are probably ahead in a normal test but things need to go even better for them tomorrow to get the win. I think England will target 300 in 60 overs or so and then however many they can get such that Australia face a tricky period towards stumps tomorrow. Not an easy task by any means.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Problem for aus tommorow will be the bowling with only 3 front line bowlers and a few all rounders plus part time bowlers. I think Aus adding the two all rounders has helped their total somewhat after head got out. If Green or Marsh aren’t there today Aus could have got bowled out under 250 without that partnership between those two. That tail and Carey have put on some important runs so far also

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
If the weather was set fair I'd be pretty happy with today.

The pitch was decent enough and we did pretty well to take 8 wkts.

But in the context of the weekend weather, the Aussies won't be too displeased. Yes there was perhaps a chance to bat us out of the game but equally we didn't roll them over.

We need wrap up their innings 1st thing and then go big but that easier said than done.

If the forecast proves correct then its still odds on a draw.

CartyDurham

International Captain
If the weather was set fair I'd be pretty happy with today.

The pitch was decent enough and we did pretty well to take 8 wkts.

But in the context of the weekend weather, the Aussies won't be too displeased. Yes there was perhaps a chance to bat us out of the game but equally we didn't roll them over.

We need wrap up their innings 1st thing and then go big but that easier said than done.

If the forecast proves correct then its still odds on a draw.
It’s over 2/1 the draw at the bookies but I understand where you were coming from

Gob

International Coach
If you go by the forecast, both Saturday and Sunday could be washouts

England playing extra hard to force the issue could help Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly disappointing score given how many bats got starts, but then I assume there was a little bit in the wicket all day.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Anyone's game, until some English runs are on the board, or some quick England wickets fall.

Could be a poorish total, but also a great one as I never underestimate England's ability for brainless batting.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I thought it was really quite good for batting. It’s evenly poised but feels like more of a missed opportunity for Australia than for England.
I'd agree with that.

Australia will be disappointed to be 8 down. So many players got starts but nobody went on to get a big score.

They really should have been around 320 for 5 or 6.

But unless the forecast changes, they won't be made to pay for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well England are probably ahead in a normal test but things need to go even better for them tomorrow to get the win. I think England will target 300 in 60 overs or so and then however many they can get such that Australia face a tricky period towards stumps tomorrow. Not an easy task by any means.
Wtf.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I see exactly where Tim is coming from there. Eng need to win this test Australia don't and with the forecast we've got approx 3 days play to do that.

Means Eng have to push this game forward and get things done quickly. If this was an earlier test in the series then yeah I'd be happy enough with the situation as it stands now.

Bowl then out quickly in the morning and were in a good enough place......any annoying partnership for the Aussies and they bat to lunch then the draw becomes odds on and the Ashes are gone.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I see exactly where Tim is coming from there. Eng need to win this test Australia don't and with the forecast we've got approx 3 days play to do that.

Means Eng have to push this game forward and get things done quickly. If this was an earlier test in the series then yeah I'd be happy enough with the situation as it stands now.

Bowl then out quickly in the morning and were in a good enough place......any annoying partnership for the Aussies and they bat to lunch then the draw becomes odds on and the Ashes are gone.
Sunday looks okay. Overcast though.

Four days more than enough to dispatch this lot.
Imagine only picking three bowlers and then giving them 300 to defend.

A joke team

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday looks okay. Overcast though.
Hmmmm…..it doesn’t look as bad as Saturday, but it isn’t really good either. Like even the more optimistic forecasts has it as a 50% chance of rain throughout the day. Maybe the drainage at OT is great but I struggle to see a significant amount of play on Sunday as things stand.