• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashwin vs Kumble

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Kumble was so accurate but I think Ashwin had more skill and won more matches for India so I'd go with Ashwin .

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Kumble averages four runs less in SENA.
Do agree that SENA holds higher weightage than SL+WI, but is it fair to completely ignore Ashwin's record in those 2 countries ? Those 2 countries are not as strong as they were once, but Ashwin made series victories there look like a walk in the park in a way several of his contemporaries didn't.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Do agree that SENA holds higher weightage than SL+WI, but is it fair to completely ignore Ashwin's record in those 2 countries ? Those 2 countries are not as strong as they were once, but Ashwin made series victories there look like a walk in the park in a way several of his contemporaries didn't.
Ashwin has faced weaker SL and WI sides, but yeah he is incredibly ruthless in favourable conditions anywhere. Give him credit for that.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Ii disagree with this , it's disrespectful to Sri Lanka ..

Why would you not consider how well Kumble performed in Sri Lanka ?
Because SL during Ashwin time didn't had a great batting lineup. Same with WI.

Sangakara and Jayawardena vs Matthews and Chandimal. It's pretty clear.

Majestic

U19 Vice-Captain
It's close between two I would say when you consider the multiple factors in favour of Ash and against Kumble when they played. Still I would probably go with Ashwin slightly because of his skills set.

Ashwin, the better cricketer due to his batting.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Because SL during Ashwin time didn't had a great batting lineup. Same with WI.

Sangakara and Jayawardena vs Matthews and Chandimal. It's pretty clear.
What if I told you that Kumble has a worse record in Sri Lanka than any of the SENA nations he bowled in ? He averaged 44 with the ball in Sri Lanka , yet that hasn't been brought up as a shortcoming of Kumble because it doesn't fall under SENA which is wrong brother ..

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if I told you that Kumble has a worse record in Sri Lanka than any of the SENA nations he bowled in ? He averaged 44 with the ball in Sri Lanka , yet that hasn't been brought up as a shortcoming of Kumble because it doesn't fall under SENA which is wrong brother ..
It's hard for pacers thrive in Sri Lankan conditions.