• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Blast 2023

Yeoman

U19 Captain
I think that this is a reflection both of the small talent pool for English spinners, so that anyone with promise is immediately spoken of as an England prospect, and the unfavourable conditions for spinners in county cricket, so that the spinner (especially if not a good batsman) is often the easiest man to leave out of the eleven.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
I think that this is a reflection both of the small talent pool for English spinners, so that anyone with promise is immediately spoken of as an England prospect, and the unfavourable conditions for spinners in county cricket, so that the spinner (especially if not a good batsman) is often the easiest man to leave out of the eleven.
Hard to disagree with any of that - bit chicken and egg, though. I read the other day that Ollie Rayner's advice given to a young spinner was to learn how to bat

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Coming back to the original topic of the thread, the weather for Birmingham tomorrow looks decidedly unpromising. I know that they try to complete on the intended day regardless however it looks as if it could well spread into the reserve day.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only just realised over half the Surrey team - would be more if Curran had been fit to take his place ahead of Moriarty (who has played once) - have not played first class cricket for Surrey in the championship this year. They are virtually at the stage of having two first teams on their books.

Ridiculous squad.
Hampshire far off that. Of the likely team tomorrow 5 won't have played a first class game this season, then Prest has played 2 and Turner just 1. Having different overseas players plays a part, I reckon other teams are probably similar as well.

CartyDurham

International Captain
39 for 1 off 3

mcdermott c sams b cook 29

this essex shirt reminds me of a safc away strip in the early 2000s

mackembhoy

International Regular
Guess Essex are expecting DLS to play a part.

As seems a bad call to put Hants into bat with this opening pair. Vince is as good as it gets in the blast.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Would be an interesting test of county cricket’s profile to see if they consider it worth disrupting. I assume that Wimbledon is the prime target this weekend.