• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

_00_deathscar

International Regular
AT Indian test XI (no caveats):

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Mankad [Laxman]
Dhoni + *
Ashwin
Dev
Kumble
Bumrah

Incredible at home. Lots of flexibility. Kumble and Ashwin backed by Mankad. Dev and Bumrah are solid pacers.

Post post CW alts in [x].

Away, Ashwin goes. Srinath comes in and bats at 10.
Pant is already ahead of Dhoni.
Make Ashwin lead spinner, slot Jadeja in. The bonus also being these two actually played together and won a **** ton at home (and also played the same era as peak Kohli and peak Pant).

Coronis

International Coach
I mean in general - considering the cheat code that is Bradman, his teams did lose a fair amount. It’s not like he won every test given he’s basically 2 batsmen.
Well yeah, because he actually faced very good English sides, they just don’t seem as good as they were because of him pretty much.

number11

State Regular
An England XI of players I enjoyed watching. No other criteria at this time.

Atherton *
Gooch
Root
Gower
KP
Stewart +
Botham
Flintoff
Stokes
Swann
Anderson

Pretty good team.

number11

State Regular
Pant is already ahead of Dhoni.
Make Ashwin lead spinner, slot Jadeja in. The bonus also being these two actually played together and won a **** ton at home (and also played the same era as peak Kohli and peak Pant).
MSD is in partially for his captaincy. This team is for all conditions, it would be awesome at home and flexible enough away. Always valid alternative options.

number11

State Regular
All time Indian ODI XI:

SRT
R. Sharma
VK
Ganguly
Yuvraj
MSD + *
Kapil
Jadeja
Kumble
Shami
Bumrah

That was much harder than I thought. The batting is insane and that is India's traditional strength. That top 3 is as good as any side can have in ODIs.

The bowling is much tougher. India has a terrible record insofar as bowling is concerned. There is no stand out spinner. I opted for Jadeja for his all-round skill (including his dynamite fielding) which extends the batting to 8. A few PT options there too. I opted for Kumble as I always enjoyed watching him bowl. Lion hearted as is Hardik Pandya which makes me a huge fan. I considered adding him but where is the Q?

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
All time Indian ODI XI:

SRT
R. Sharma
VK
Ganguly
Yuvraj
MSD + *
Kapil
Jadeja
Kumble
Shami
Bumrah

That was much harder than I thought. The batting is insane and that is India's traditional strength. That top 3 is as good as any side can have in ODIs.

The bowling is much tougher. India has a terrible record insofar as bowling is concerned. There is no stand out spinner. I opted for Jadeja for his all-round skill (including his dynamite fielding) which extends the batting to 8. A few PT options there too. I opted for Kumble as I always enjoyed watching him bowl. Lion hearted as is Hardik Pandya which makes me a huge fan. I considered adding him but where is the Q?
Gambhir instead of Ganguly

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
All time India ODI XI

Rohit Sharma
Sachin Tendulkar
Virat Kohli
Shreyas Iyer
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
Hardik Pandya
Kapil Dev
Mohammad Shami
Yuzvendra Chahal
Jasprit Bumrah

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Gill’s addition in the future will cause alot of cw debates and complexions, as rohit cant play down and sachin although can play, still regresses when not opening. This’ll be an interesting debate if Gill lives up to this start hes had. One of Rohit or Sachin might have to leave, scary.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Don't think so, no.

Though it might be a really close run race for the #4 position between Tendulkar and ... Shreyas Iyer?
no idea why Iyer is there in 1st place

or Hardik

or Chahal

Kohli should be batting at 4 in an atg Indian team, he has 7 100s there and averages 55. thats good enough

number11

State Regular
If that’s for tests it’s an even worse call then - he was a cowardly test captain. You have Kohli in there who can captain.
I disagree. India hasn't got an obvious alternative leader from the likely candidates for selection. Ganguly perhaps, but MSD has long had great game awareness.