• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
feels a bit rough to cop a month on the sidelines for goatse given i could walk into any given politics thread and go on a big racist rant and get like a warning or whatever at most, probably not even that if i desisted after one post
Yeah look I'll die on the hill of tricking someone into clicking on a link containing a photo of a gaping arsehole being worse than posting a political opinion people don't like.

>inb4 omg Cribb thinks racist rants are just unpopular political opinions!!!1!

No, I just think Shady will define the latter as the former a whole lot. If someone actually did go and openly post a disgusting racist rant they'd be banned as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah look I'll die on the hill of tricking someone into clicking on a link containing a photo of a gaping arsehole being worse than posting a political opinion people don't like.

>inb4 omg Cribb thinks racist rants are just unpopular political opinions!!!1!

No, I just think Shady will define the latter as the former a whole lot. If someone actually did go and openly post a disgusting racist rant they'd be banned as well.
So posts that just dog whistle at disgusting racism are ok? Good to know where the line is.

"We won't tolerate racism on CW unless it's tempered with cant and hypocrisy"

A principled stand indeed.