• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What kind of rubbish airline are you flying that doesn't have wifi on long haul flights these days

EDIT: I am fully aware that the list of such rubbish airlines includes Qantas
You know I’m not sure. It’s just TUI’s own airline (package thing). I didn’t even consider wifi but I’ll check. If they do that pretty much sorts the flight

CartyDurham

International Captain
You know I’m not sure. It’s just TUI’s own airline (package thing). I didn’t even consider wifi but I’ll check. If they do that pretty much sorts the flight
Can you receive text scores ?

it’s been years since I was on a flight like this
in fact it was the last test in 2005 and we were on a flight to Cuba and on landing there was no news of how that test was going

The daughter had her wedding there .

If you get the chance I recommend Cuba for a holiday

we stayed at Hotel Brisas in Guardalavaca

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can you receive text scores ?

it’s been years since I was on a flight like this
in fact it was the last test in 2005 and we were on a flight to Cuba and on landing there was no news of how that test was going

The daughter had her wedding there .

If you get the chance I recommend Cuba for a holiday

we stayed at Hotel Brisas in Guardalavaca
Don’t think so, maybe the pilot can get me an update

going the Dominican Republic so not far from Cuba all things considered

CartyDurham

International Captain
Veggies? Flowers? Tomatoes?
Everything. I’m very lucky and have a large garden

tomatoes , cucumber and celery in a poly tunnel

outside broccoli, Brussels sprouts , courgettes

four raised beds peas, carrot, onion and beetroot

radish , six pumpkins, six squash variety

Rhubarb, potatoes, Broad beans. 3 types of runner beans , sweetcorn, beans and squash

fruits strawberries, gooseberries and blueberries

and three trees with pears , apples , plums

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi Carty. Just to let you know I’m in a choral society and we’re doing a concert tonight, rehearsal this afternoon, so you won’t be seeing me on the forum until very late, or at all. Hope there is some cricket for everyone else to watch…. I’ll set TV to record, just in case..
Hey MF All these years and you never let on you were into choral music Doubt if we will get any play today but we are not yet half way through this test, Requiem [n Bb?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Aus will mind if today's rained out, honestly. Should slow down the outfield a ton, which is better for them than it is ENG batting in the fourth dig.
Bit of a double edged sword though, as it'll give the England bowlers a day to properly rest, meaning Wood should be fresh enough to go full out when (if?) play resumes.

loterry1994

International Debutant
this rain works in Englands favour way more. They can just go hard out if they need like 250 in two sessions or whatever. And then play for a draw if they’re like 3 or 4 down. It’s going to hard for Aus to bowl them out though in like two sessions

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty ordinary that more hasn’t been made of the crowd’s treatment of Smith in his 100th test

Even worse was his treatment from the England team

Second best batsman ever should get some degree of respect