• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West indies 2023

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
West Indies squad:
Kraigg Brathwaite (Capt), Jermaine Blackwood (Vice-Capt), Alick Athanaze, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kirk McKenzie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican.
Reserves - Tevin Imlach and Akeem Jordan.

Gudakesh Motie and Jayden Seales are both still rehabbing from injuries, Kyle Mayers is also getting some rest and recuperation from an injury.
They've definitely selected worse squads. Though it includes the obligatory wtf pick in Warrican. Raymon Reifer is the new Roston Chase, they will just keep picking him at number 3, it's embarrassing.

WICFan

State 12th Man
They've definitely selected worse squads. Though it includes the obligatory wtf pick in Warrican. Raymon Reifer is the new Roston Chase, they will just keep picking him at number 3, it's embarrassing.
Yeah, Warrican would be doing well to be a regular in the Barbados XI with Camarie Boyce and Chaim Holder.

Looks like they're going with a long tail or debuting both Athanaze and McKenzie.

Shady Slim

International Coach
here's hoping that the big dog can really deliver and secure his spot in the team. if he can it might inadvertently solve the chase problem too if he emerges as a locked in spinner and with no need for a second one

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Cornwalls been pretty poorly managed honestly. He's no worse than warrican who's gotten way more chances, worst case with the bat he's a par international #8 and he's also a phenomenal slip fielder. He honestly would have been nice to have in AUS for his slip fielding alone.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I don't think Warrican will get a chance in the playing 11. They need some batting depth so they willl go with Cornwall. And I don't think they will go with 2 spinner. So Reifer or Kirk one of the two will play.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I find this squad to be a good one. A good combination of experience and youngster. Maybe if seales and motie was fit enough then it would have been a perfect squad.

Beamer

Took a **** ton of wickets last FC season and motie is out injured.

Mayer's getting dropped altogether is interesting. Injury or?
Mayers has a niggle apparently so they didn't want to rest him. Given his batting recently, him not playing is not the worst thing, though his bowling in the Caribbean will be missed.

I'm glad Rakheem is back but it does seem another vibes pick from Haynes. They don't do things logically. They've ignored him all this time, he missed the Headley Weekes Trophy to play T20's. Then suddenly they pick him now for India. The only logic I can apply is they have finally given up on Chase and they saw Rakheem as the next off spinner in line.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Mayers has a niggle apparently so they didn't want to rest him. Given his batting recently, him not playing is not the worst thing, though his bowling in the Caribbean will be missed.

I'm glad Rakheem is back but it does seem another vibes pick from Haynes. They don't do things logically. They've ignored him all this time, he missed the Headley Weekes Trophy to play T20's. Then suddenly they pick him now for India. The only logic I can apply is they have finally given up on Chase and they saw Rakheem as the next off spinner in line.
I think wi want a spinner who could bat a bit. As they are now looking past chase , rakheem has got a call. Which I think is good . If wi make good fast bowling pitches then playing an all round spinner is a good option if motie isn't available

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
WI have some really tough series in this wtc cycle. Aus in aus, Eng in Eng, Ind SA and Bang will tour WI and a away series in Pakistan. Maybe they can win the series against Bang. Apart from that no chance.

G. S. Kohli

Jadeja shines & Yaswasi Jaiswal hits half century

Mukesh kumar & Axar picked 2 wkts each. Ishan hits 3 fours but out for 26, Gaikwad also failed.

2 day Practice match between Rohit Xl vs Ashwin Xl :renske:

Last edited: