• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yep. really bang average sides- is there any good test sides in the world currently? i think none. Only the AUS side of the mid 90s to mid 2000's were great at home and away and SAF was great at home and away in the 2010's led by the searing world class pace of Dale Steyn..Apart from those teams none come to mind since the 1990s. Maybe Briefly- India, about 3-4 years ago- led by jasprit bumrah and Pant but that was too brief a period due to injuries.
What game are you watching mate. This is tough Test cricket with some world class skill and grit on both sides. **** off and watch T20 if this is too nuanced for you

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Australia are not **** though
I didn't watch it because of the time zone but their bowling tactics sound pretty poor at the end there and some of their batting dismissals have been downright brain-dead. Good teams can play shithouse, it's not a controversial take.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What was the overnight consensus re Warner? I know we’ve all wanted him rissoled but anyone think it will actually happen, and if so what will they run with?

Victor Ian

International Coach
It works so well for India, I'm just making sure we have some in the bank too. But Stokes IS a **** ****. Best way for England to understand how **** is to think Mitch Marsh.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
What was the overnight consensus re Warner? I know we’ve all wanted him rissoled but anyone think it will actually happen, and if so what will they run with?
He's a muppet but why drop him when he scores runs against everyone who isn't big and bad and better than their dad

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
stokes can gagf. its doing my head in how he can just hit **** without ****ing up. if he was really that good hed do it often. the **** has sold his soul to the devil. this is exactly how those movies go.
No doubt he is carrying injuries (as others probably are) but Jesus he doesn't mind bunging on a show about it either. A drama queen for sure.

Still he only has to start swinging the bat and we go to water.

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Seems like people don't want to just accept Stokes really is that good, and makes the oppo bowlers and captain look average. Just cope and enjoy. He is a rare kind
That doesn't rule out the he overdoes the "look, I'm this good and I'm injured" bit and has been known to lay it on pretty thick, though. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Qlder

International Debutant
McDonald talked up Warner again at press conference so doubt he'll be dropped. I'd like to see:

Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Head
Green

Gob

International Coach
Also this is definitely advantage England notwithstanding a long partnership.
I can see them folding for 220 if not less. Safety is probably 400 and loong way away

Overcast conditions is the key I guess

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McDonald talked up Warner again at press conference so doubt he'll be dropped. I'd like to see:

Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Marsh
Head
Green
I’d go more left field than that and open with Green, keep 3-6 as they were this test and bring in Neser for Boland. OT is meant to swing a fair bit isn’t it?

Sounds like it won’t happen and Warner will play, but

Green
Khawaja
Labu
Smith
Head
Marsh
Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Murphy

gives you six bowling options, seven with Head’s part timers, and takes the #batdeep meme to new depths. Left-right opening pair and the middle order keep their preferred spots