• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Kraken

State Captain
Cracking day of cricket. There’s nothing quite like watching someone who’s proper quick just steam in and bowl - he got the ball to move around too, really well bowled. Thought Woakes bowled quite well as well tbh. And of course what a ****ing innings from the Bison - handy little wicket too

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The amount of swing Wood gets at his pace is quite remarkable. I remember him bowling high 140's and hooping it like that in the CWC19 Final, we were very lucky Kane was batting at the time or I reckon he could've run through us.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
You have to love Mark Wood.

Always comes across so well in interviews - seems a genuinely top bloke.

Alot of pundits saying the day was 50/50.

Not so sure about that. I thought it was Australia's day - not by alot but the Marsh knock and the 3 England wkts swings things in their favour.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wood is arguably the only Bazball themed bowler this boring bowling attack has. My favourite England cricketer by a country mile .

If Stokes hadn't asked for dead pitches to help pad his batters stats and included Wood (the injury thing is a conspiracy to defend his RESTING don't ask me why) this could be a very different series.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You have to love Mark Wood.

Always comes across so well in interviews - seems a genuinely top bloke.

Alot of pundits saying the day was 50/50.

Not so sure about that. I thought it was Australia's day - not by alot but the Marsh knock and the 3 England wkts swings things in their favour.
65-35 Australia's way imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
I do think we were a little off with our lines yesterday evening - in fairness, Crawley was very proactive in trying to disrupt them and the game slowed noticeably once he was dismissed - so to have England 3 down already feels like a bonus, two wickets relatively quickly and the game is broken wide open.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
I can smell a Khawaja/Hussey/Katich/Rogers style 30+ years of age run from Marsh tbh.

He's been in superb nick in most formats for a good 18 months, so awesome to see him grab the chance with both hands.

He just looks like he's figured out his game as he's hit 30+ yrs of age these last 18 months.

Doesn't try and get bogged down, he knows he has technical weakness', but he also knows he's got some fantastic attributes. Just tries to get his eye in for 5-10 overs then absolutely goes after the bowling.

I think he'd actually be a pretty good option to replace Warner as an opening bat for a few years imo. He's so dangerous in that role in white ball cricket.

Having Green and Marsh with the ball would open up some interesting flexibility prospects for Australia's lineup.

halba

International 12th Man
Wood is the white version of Peak Waqar younis basically. On par with him imho
Another 'white lightning' lol

halba

International 12th Man
3 wickets taken but the most important wicket(Stokes) to come. Whether he will play another such innings- the fate of the test is dependent on his performance. If they surrender , then they wont get passed 200.