• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West indies 2023

Socerer 01

International Captain
WI have no chance of beating India. If I were India I'd send a bunch of debutants with a few veterans mixed in just in case. But the WI batting is the worst I've seen in my entire life. The bowling may hold its own though but they won't have near enough runs to work with.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
WI have no chance of beating India. If I were India I'd send a bunch of debutants with a few veterans mixed in just in case. But the WI batting is the worst I've seen in my entire life. The bowling may hold its own though but they won't have near enough runs to work with.
The current west indies batting unit isn't THAT bad, honestly, particularly at home. Braithwaite is one of the best openers in the world rn, chanderpaul is their best opener bar braithwaite since the universe boss retired, bonner is pretty useful in these conditions, his technique just isn't setup for places like AUS where the ball bounces more. Blackwood is fine at 4, De Silva is a gun keeper bat at 6 and is in red hot form atm for the A-team, mayers is solid at 7, holder is one of the best #8's in world cricket and guys like joseph and motie are far better than your standard #9's/10's.

If india start taking the piss vs the windies their in for a rude awakening.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I like watching series from the West Indies as there are in a nice timezone for the uk

sadly this series is on BT Sports which is changing to TNT Sports shortly and that’s a pay per view channel which I don’t have access to

hope it’s a great series though, I think India would be favourites to win it

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Braithwaite is one of the best openers in the world rn
Nah he's become test standard after ages and was actually good last year but he's still about average. Also, Bonner is rank bad against anything pitched short. Won't last on pitches which suit West Indian bowling. Holder's batting hasn't been of much use for like 3 years.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nah he's become test standard after ages and was actually good last year but he's still about average. Also, Bonner is rank bad against anything pitched short. Won't last on pitches which suit West Indian bowling. Holder's batting hasn't been of much use for like 3 years.
didn’t Bonner get dropped because his last calendar year was absolutely horrendous, they played Reifer in his position the last I remember

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
didn’t Bonner get dropped because his last calendar year was absolutely horrendous, they played Reifer in his position the last I remember
Bonner got dropped because he got hit by a couple of short balls and retired hurt. Tbf he did look all at sea against Nortje and Cummins. But he averages 38 in tests which makes him almost Bradmanesque by our standards 😂. Tbh I think Haynes was desperate to get Reifer in and pounced on the opportunity.

Our batting in tests is still pretty ropey and I would love to see some new blood to improve it, particularly Athanaze and King. But I have little faith in our selectors to do that so we will probably see Reifer and Chase at 3 and 5.

WICFan

State 12th Man
Despite some test incumbents being in Zimbabwe the West Indies have named the following players to be part of a training camp for the tests series against India:-

Kraigg Brathwaite, Alick Athanaze, Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Kavem Hodge, Akeem Jordan, Jair McAllister, Kirk McKenzie, Marquino Mindley, Anderson Phillip, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jayden Seales, Jomel Warrican.

Last edited:

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Despite some test incumbents being in Zimbabwe the West Indies have named the following players to be part of a teaining camo for the tests series against India:-

Kraigg Brathwaite, Alick Athanaze, Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Kavem Hodge, Akeem Jordan, Jair McAllister, Kirk McKenzie, Marquino Mindley, Anderson Phillip, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jayden Seales, Jomel Warrican.
I think it's a good. The player doesn't have the match exposure so training might help them. Good to see some Young names like Kirk and Jiar. Jayden seales is a very good positive for the west Indies and with Alzari ,Roach and Holder can make a really good bowling attack. But India will still beat them 2-0 due to their batting.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Brathwaite is a decent opener in an era of few genuinely very good openers, but he's probably at (or just below) Elgar, Latham or Karunaratne level. Then you have Warner, Khawaja and Sharma way above them.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Brathwaite is a decent opener in an era of few genuinely very good openers, but he's probably at (or just below) Elgar, Latham or Karunaratne level. Then you have Warner, Khawaja and Sharma way above them.
Plus he play most of his test in West Indies where it is definitely not easy to open.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have announced their T20I squad,

India T20I squad: Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav (vice-capt), Sanju Samson (wk), Hardik Pandya (capt), Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.

Some expected Rinku Singh to be in here...but good to see Tilak Verma and Mukesh Kumar.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
India have announced their T20I squad,

India T20I squad: Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav (vice-capt), Sanju Samson (wk), Hardik Pandya (capt), Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.

Some expected Rinku Singh to be in here...but good to see Tilak Verma and Mukesh Kumar.
Light on all round options

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Name-test-innings-run-best-Ave-100-50

Rahane 6 -8-514-108-102.80-
2/3
Ashwin 4-4-235-118-58.75-
2/0
Kohli 9-13-463--200-35.61-
1/2
Rohit 2-2-50-41-25.00-
0/0
Jadeja-3-5-97-58-24.25
0/1

WICFan

State 12th Man
West Indies squad:
Kraigg Brathwaite (Capt), Jermaine Blackwood (Vice-Capt), Alick Athanaze, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kirk McKenzie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican.
Reserves - Tevin Imlach and Akeem Jordan.

Gudakesh Motie and Jayden Seales are both still rehabbing from injuries, Kyle Mayers is also getting some rest and recuperation from an injury.