• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
Weather looks ok first two days. After that could have them on and off a few times in the day

hopefully the forecast will improve in the next few days

chris.hinton

International Captain
Weather forecast

Thurs - Sunny spells and some cloud
Fri- More in the way of sun
Sat - A few showers around
Sun - Showers in late afternoon
Mon - More Showers

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weather forecast

Thurs - Sunny spells and some cloud
Fri- More in the way of sun
Sat - A few showers around
Sun - Showers in late afternoon
Mon - More Showers
So probably bat first. Unless the wicket is vastly different to the first two.

Depends on what 'some cloud' turns out to mean I guess.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I seen a game of t20 on the TV at headingly and I was surprised how good of a batting deck they made it. Dunno if they'll follow suit for the tests though

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think Englands only chance to come back is making the pitch a green top. It’s hard to be mentally stronger than those Aussie bowlers on flat pitches. They can bowl all day with good pace and try to get those wickets with no swing or seam. On the other hand you got English bowlers like Anderson complaining how the pitch is dead and offering nothing

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Think Englands only chance to come back is making the pitch a green top. It’s hard to be mentally stronger than those Aussie bowlers on flat pitches. They can bowl all day with good pace and try to get those wickets with no swing or seam. On the other hand you got English bowlers like Anderson complaining how the pitch is dead and offering nothing
They also need to drop Crawley

Gob

International Coach
Monty Panesar reckons it was completely unethical and outrageous with regards to Bairstow dismissal

Agree the ethical thing for Cummins to do was pulling down his pants and urinating on the pitch as Monty did on that bouncer

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Monty Panesar reckons it was completely unethical and outrageous with regards to Bairstow dismissal

Agree the ethical thing for Cummins to do was pulling down his pants and urinating on the pitch as Monty did on that bouncer
I think it was wrong and I once got a speeding fine!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This is the third Test thread, try to keep this pointless whataboutery where it belongs please ffs.