• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

speirz

State Vice-Captain
This is just silly. You think they were gonna abandon their mid pitch conference and run? :laugh:

I understand that Bairstow was dumb there and its fine with me if you get someone out like that. The Murali thing was way worse as he was actually going to celebrate a great knock of his team mate and was ran out. Karma sure is the b-word as Baz probably found out today. :laugh:

But to go on impossible tangents that won't have ever happened hoping to justify it is just absurd.
I straight up said in the post I haven't seen it yet. Not trying to justify it at all, just trying to get context. All I have to compare it to in my head is various games in club cricket where the keeper thinks he's a chance of a stumping of a batsman who takes guard out of his crease and ends up missing and throwing the ball past the bowler for four. Judging by your reaction (and most others) it was a bit more delayed than that.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously Stokes turning down all these singles is madness. It’s not like England are going to lose 4 in 4 balls.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I straight up said in the post I haven't seen it yet. Not trying to justify it at all, just trying to get context. All I have to compare it to in my head is various games in club cricket where the keeper thinks he's a chance of a stumping of a batsman who takes guard out of his crease and ends up missing and throwing the ball past the bowler for four. Judging by your reaction (and most others) it was a bit more delayed than that.
it wasnt delayed, he threw it as soon as he got the ball

anyone who played club cricket knows things like this happen there

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm staying up to watch this against all wisdom and I feel like i'm going to regret it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It wasn't really.

Only difference was that he wasn't just lazily not getting back in his crease like what usually happens in those instances - he started walking down to look at a footmark.