• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Meridio

International Regular
No one who’s played sport at any level over the age of four would roll their hand over at that point unless they want to smash their wrist to smithereens and star in the sequel to Edward Dildohands.
If someone's wrists are so weak they can't handle that I wonder how they've made it past their teenage years tbh

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson isn't done, he's always been kinda meh in the Ashes. Once he gets to bowl to India again he'll start averaging low 20s.
His home ashes record is a bit strange really, is not like Australia have been particularly good with the bat in England during his career. Really not helped by getting injuries in 2015 and 19 when he was at his peak.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't say this to be a dick, truly. But is there anyone who isn't Australian who thinks that was out?
I just saw it. I'm not even sure it should have been out. It's not what I expected. He grounded the ball almost right after catching it.

Burgey makes an important point though, if Starc's wasn't out then Joe Root's catch of Head the same day shouldn't have been either. Whichever you slice it it's inconsistent umpiring and it's heavily benefited England.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Broad has 2 good tours in Australia and at home against Australia he always delivered whereas Anderson only had good tour in Australia which was in 2011 and at home in 2013,rest of the tours he was either considered as a stock bowler.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just saw it. I'm not even sure it should have been out. It's not what I expected. He grounded the ball almost right after catching it.

Burgey makes an important point though, if Starc's wasn't out then Joe Root's catch of Head the same day shouldn't have been either. Whichever you slice it it's inconsistent umpiring and it's heavily benefited England.
@Victor Ian first brought up the inconsistency and manifest injustice of the Root catch being given and Starc’s not. I just piled on because it’s so obviously true

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Neither am I now, having read the law:

The game's official lawmakers, the Marylebone Cricket Club, moved to clarify the call by pointing out that Law 33.3 states a catch is only completed when a fielder "obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement".

"The ball cannot touch the ground before then," the MCC said in a tweet.

I don't know what part of sliding constitutes not being in complete control, given he wasn't sliding towards the boundary rope. That's really vague. I'd now argue he did have control over his movement. It needs to be worded better.

halba

International 12th Man

Joe roots looks grass- but camera angle doesnt show it.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant

Have you got the footage or still to show the ball touching the ground.

The replays don't show the ball touching the ground?

As far as ponting was concerned the Smith one to dismiss root was not out. I had that one out, as his fingers looked under the ball

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Nice Sunny day at Lords

Bazball’ can be England’s greatest strength and weakness today.

They chased three targets in excess of 250 against New Zealand a little over a year ago,
and also chased 378 against India playing their new trademark aggressive brand of cricket. So no target will be beyond the reach of this unafraid English side, and they know that till Benjamin Andrew Stokes, the man for the big occasions, is at the crease, there is always hope!!

Son Of Coco

Nice Sunny day at Lords

Bazball’ can be England’s greatest strength and weakness today.

They chased three targets in excess of 250 against New Zealand a little over a year ago,
and also chased 378 against India playing their new trademark aggressive brand of cricket. So no target will be beyond the reach of this unafraid English side, and they know that till Benjamin Andrew Stokes, the man for the big occasions, is at the crease, there is always hope!!
Benjamin Andrew Stokes

BASBall?

social

Smith’s catch was far more controversial than that of either Root or Starc

Reminded me of a pedantic rugby ref who wants to make himself the centre of attention by applying laws in a way that everyone with a functioning brain justifiably ignores