• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw a replay

That’s been a regulation catch for 140 years but people have gone nuts in the last 5 or so

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that Broanderson is over the hill and father time has finally caught up with them, who steps up and spear heads England's pace attack?

ataraxia

International Coach
It's been disappointing how poor Anderson has been. It has felt like an inopportune moment for him to suddenly decay from his peak.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it does look like this is just one series too many for Jimmy sadly. Been epic all this year but he just doesn't look like he's got it right now.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i had a big waaaaaah about the cam green one others have mentioned, i think it was during the day nighter
I actually think those should be out as well, though I understand why some wouldn't. It takes a lot of control and presence of mind to be able to throw a ball up in celebration while you're still in motion like that, more than keeping hold of it. If you're able to do that then you deserve the catch IMO

kevinw

International 12th Man
Now that Broanderson is over the hill and father time has finally caught up with them, who steps up and spear heads England's pace attack?
Tongue has looked decent. Potts has shown promise. Sam Cook deserves a go. Mahmood would be an option when fit. Robinson will still be around. Wouldn't put much time in Woakes, Wood or Archer at this level.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah it does look like this is just one series too many for Jimmy sadly. Been epic all this year but he just doesn't look like he's got it right now.
They have made him bowl every day of the series on 2 absolutely **** wickets when he's 40.

It's mental from an England batting line up not supporting their bowlers with a break.

Spikey

Just saw a replay

That’s been a regulation catch for 140 years but people have gone nuts in the last 5 or so
it's like the last 5 weeks. It's never really even come up until that WTC final catch. as others have said, there's been plenty of catches to call up prior to Starc's one. if that's the new standard the 3rd ump is gonna use, fine whatever, but it's basically come out of nowhere

TheJediBrah

It's a stupid argument anyway. If he can't bowl in the conditions in front of him, and can't bowl for a sufficient time, he shouldn't be in the team. There's no one forcing them to select him.
He's also worse than useless in the field. Even without the dropped catches he's costing them runs struggling to ground-field

OverratedSanity

Anderson isn't done, he's always been kinda meh in the Ashes. Once he gets to bowl to India again he'll start averaging low 20s.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's like the last 5 weeks. It's never really even come up until that WTC final catch. as others have said, there's been plenty of catches to call up prior to Starc's one. if that's the new standard the 3rd ump is gonna use, fine whatever, but it's basically come out of nowhere
He caught it 3 feet above the ground

I was expecting it to be a Marnus type thing but it wasn’t even marginal