• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
Though it’s absolutely dull, this tactic has worked and England have a sniff of a win here now

I would give them a 20% chance of winning at this point

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah so this is going to happen a lot. Pull it and you hole out. Stand there and you do that. Duck it and nothing happens.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is this degenerating into an Associate T20? Holing to medium pace half volleys is not what we signed up for in the Ashes

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This by the way is exactly way I was fine with the approach England took on the evening of day 2. Sitting around, going nowhere and either having a brain melt a la Green or waiting for a ball to come along that has your name on it is not a viable counter to this approach.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I think the Aussies will pitch it up and look for edges etc for the first 15 overs , then they should just keep wearing that groove in the middle of the pitch