• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is bull****. England are gambhiring like they are India. We need more pessimism in the Aussie camp or they are likely to sway fortunes.

Smith is not hanging around as it's not the 1st innings. So it's just get Khawaja out and then it's a quick collapse to set England a chase that is what bazball is all about. Then all these English fans will love Baz and his balls again, and I'll be pissed.
Yeah, I'm slightly nervous about tomorrow morning. If it's sunny, and we fail to get the score we think we need, I will be pissed off.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably be bowled out, no risk of batting on and on, this isnt exactly an ATG batting lineup once u get past Smith, u got green at no.6 and carey at 7. the tail starts at no.6 Green. Very long tail. carey is handy with the bat at times, but hes no ATG batter, he's more of an old school pinch hitter than comes off at times and looks fairly ordinary at others.

Imho, i would say aus will get bungled out for around 250-260 max, so thats 340-350 REQ by eng which is difficult to chase in the 4th innings but doable because of no Nathan lyon.
Ahh yes, the tail enders green and carey who average more then 2 of england's top 3 batters and stokes.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah, I'm slightly nervous about tomorrow morning. If it's sunny, and we fail to get the score we think we need, I will be pissed off.
Yeah they aren't out of the woods yet. I think they dodged a bullet yesterday by not playing the last session as it could easily have been 5 down but as they say, always add two wickets to the total to see where they really are

Needs to bat well on what would be very good conditions

Son Of Coco

Yeah they aren't out of the woods yet. I think they dodged a bullet yesterday by not playing the last session as it could easily have been 5 down but as they say, always add two wickets to the total to see where they really are

Needs to bat well on what would be very good conditions
Actually, I should have said if we don't bat for the length of time we want to. If we bat until the last session/last hour, we should have the runs we want anyway.

halba

International 12th Man
aussies to disappoint here 2nd dig, eng in with a genuine chance, looking at around 325-330 score is my prediction.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is bull****. England are gambhiring like they are India. We need more pessimism in the Aussie camp or they are likely to sway fortunes.

Smith is not hanging around as it's not the 1st innings. So it's just get Khawaja out and then it's a quick collapse to set England a chase that is what bazball is all about. Then all these English fans will love Baz and his balls again, and I'll be pissed.
Smith’s 3rd innings average is 44. He seems to properly tank in the fourth dig

halba

International 12th Man
Smith’s 3rd innings average is 44. He seems to properly tank in the fourth dig
i think aus will only get around 230 in the 2nd dig. there is a massive tail starting from no.6.
Leaves around 320 for the chase, should be pretty much on if Root gets a big score. No Lyon who would've been the key to defend that total.

halba

International 12th Man
He's spoken at length that he really struggles to sleep properly during games. No surprise that he wouldn't have the mental sharpness by Day 4/5 if so.
i think its mainly the 1st innings he scores big so by 2nd innings theres not much required as the bowling attack has been generally good at mopping things up.
greatest 1st inn batter in modern history.
overall modern history- tendulkar or sanga for me. very close between those two imho.

human

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i think aus will only get around 230 in the 2nd dig. there is a massive tail starting from no.6.
Leaves around 320 for the chase, should be pretty much on if Root gets a big score. No Lyon who would've been the key to defend that total.
"massive tail starting from 6" no. Green and Carey both average 35, more than two of england's dedicated batsmen in Crawley and Pope. If Australia only gets 230, England won't get close, they've shown a complete inability to deal with the Australian pace attack. Lyon missing is also partially compensated for by Smith and Head.

Pothas

Australia should bat the day.
Yeah we know England time is different when batting so declaring isn't going to bring any benefit. It would absolutely hilarious if England suddenly went all South Africa at Adelaide though.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was in the Australia dressing room I would not even be contemplating the concept of declaring at all. Firstly no Lyon and then secondly this England team have well and truly nailed their colours to the mast in terms of being entirely draw averse, no matter what they are set recent history suggest they will have a dip at it anyway, no need whatsoever to try and speed up the game from an Australian viewpoint, give them a mountain and let try to make their way up Icelandic hillclimb style if they so desire

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I was in the Australia dressing room I would not even be contemplating the concept of declaring at all. Firstly no Lyon and then secondly this England team have well and truly nailed their colours to the mast in terms of being entirely draw averse, no matter what they are set recent history suggest they will have a dip at it anyway, no need whatsoever to try and speed up the game from an Australian viewpoint, give them a mountain and let try to make their way up Icelandic hillclimb style if they so desire
If anyone even dares bring an eclair to the dressing room, sacked for good.