• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Spark

Global Moderator
what you guys scared off man. They’ve got two wickets about 100 lead to start with and been batting under these conditions all day
They've only got half an hour left to bat at most and it's all but D/N conditions out there, frankly it's surprising they weren't off an hour ago if the "natural light" rule is anything to go by. Literally nothing to gain and plenty to lose. They'll make up most of those overs back anyway.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yeah then played like dumb asses
I mean bazball works well when they going good but when they losing wickets in clumps they should stabilise more then go after it again. I guess they haven’t experienced it much during their time with mcullum so it’s a learning curve for them

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I mean bazball works well when they going good but when they losing wickets in clumps they should stabilise more then go after it again. I guess they haven’t experienced it much during their time with mcullum so it’s a learning curve for them
Doesn't look like this team seems to understand the meaning of word stabilise. Sadly it's too late for this Ashes but we need to find some pace for next one in Australia

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
To be fair to our bowlers, we've bowled pretty well in this innings without a whole lot of luck. I've lost count of the times the balls beaten the bat without taking the edge.

The Aussies have batted well in really tough conditions and as things stand unless we absolutely skittle through the rest of the innings, we're going to have far too many to chase in the 4th innings.

It's been an immensely frustrating test match. I genuinely don't believe ability wise there's much between the sides.

But in game management terms, there's a chasm. It always felt like our brainless batting last night would cost us, and that's been reinforced by today's play.

If we lose this test, and we deserve to for that batting performance, then we really do only have ourselves to blame.

Spark

Global Moderator
Looks like that's it. Close to as good a day as Aus could have hoped for really, even moreso than Day 1 under the circumstances. England bowled real well in that last hour, the sort of period that's shot out Aus in a session in England in tours past.

Gob

International Coach
That's it for the day. That last hour was huge for Australia

by not being in the middle