• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is precisely why I don't think Aus are that far ahead in the game. We've already seen that conditions here flip on a dime once the sun comes out and the forecast predicts that it will when England come out to bat. Surely, surely, England can't be as profligate as they've been in three consecutive innings now.

With respect, of course they can, and they almost certainly will be. Apparently this is what will bring fans flocking back to the game. Of course, that sort of tripe does rather ignore the fact that part of the attraction has been that England were very successful for a while.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Great bowling conditions again and I suppose we're not doing badly, but feels like we should be all over them.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
With respect, of course they can, and they almost certainly will be. Apparently this is what will bring fans flocking back to the game. Of course, that sort of tripe does rather ignore the fact that part of the attraction has been that England were very successful for a while.
It's almost like England are trying to play test cricket for people that don't like test cricket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great bowling conditions again and I suppose we're not doing badly, but feels like we should be all over them.
Bowling quite well, but not quite good enough against proper batsmen who don't feel morally obliged to throw it away once set.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
I think Anderson needs to go or rested, Anderson and Broad shouldn't really play together anymore
It’s becoming apparent that Anderson at age 40 is struggling in this series. Will he retire (from international cricket) at the end of the season? Better to go before you’re pushed? He could carry on in county cricket rather than retire altogether.

Spark

Global Moderator
It’s becoming apparent that Anderson at age 40 is struggling in this series. Will he retire (from international cricket) at the end of the season? Better to go before you’re pushed? He could carry on in county cricket rather than retire altogether.
Just don't see him enjoying hitting the county rounds after he's done internationally; too much of a born competitor IMO.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I doubt he would want to retire after holding out for so long , he probably wants to go past Warne's record first ..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure if they could've done too much more with Australia batting well and getting a bit of luck. There's not been so much movement that you can expect to just run through them.

It's more about keeping that standard up for the full innings. Bowling well for 30 overs is nothing to write home about.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He will retire soon enough as he’s 40

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I'm not sure if they could've done too much more with Australia batting well and getting a bit of luck. There's not been so much movement that you can expect to just run through them.

It's more about keeping that standard up for the full innings. Bowling well for 30 overs is nothing to write home about.
We don't run through them because they know how to bat in different ways. We are unfortunately all about being entertaining and reckless