• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

RIcho

School Boy/Girl Captain
I mean using a helicopter is also pretty daft when your name is Just Stop Oil and your whole schtick is weird stunts. People here know that I'm a climate hawk and even I think this lot are dickheads.
Wait a minute, are you saying Just Stop Oil were actually flying a helicopter over Lord's?

Shri

Mr. Glass
The Australian states have passed laws imposing heavy fines on protesters who block major roads and bridges etc. Too many protesters have been making nuisances of themselves.
yeah aussies on the fast track to be americans so not surprising. learn to protest from the french

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean using a helicopter is also pretty daft when your name is Just Stop Oil and your whole schtick is weird stunts. People here know that I'm a climate hawk and even I think this lot are dickheads.
It might be one of those that is propelled by a wound up rubber band.

Spark

Global Moderator
That’s what protesting is about though. If you hold a rally in a suburban cul de sac, no one will know you’ve done it
The laws they tried to ram through here in SA a few weeks back were ****ing absurd. I was caught up in that protest that triggered it - it's on the way to work - but that was no where near a proportional reaction.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That’s what protesting is about though. If you hold a rally in a suburban cul de sac, no one will know you’ve done it
At least you won't create enemies by doing it though

I still eat an extra steak every time I hear about vegan protestors

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think England have been bad by any means with the ball but they haven't looked that threatening either tbh

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just learnt that border has parkinsons :-O
Yeah I read his quotes in the interview, some depressing stuff in there

Border, who turns 68 in July, was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2016. "I walked into the neurosurgeon's and he said straight up, 'I'm sorry to tell you but you've got Parkinson's'," Border said. "'Just the way you walked in. Your arms straight down by your side, hanging not swinging.' He could just tell."

"I'm a pretty private person and I didn't want people to feel sorry for me sort of thing," he told Newscorp. "Whether people care you don't know. But I know there'll come a day when people will notice."

"I get the feeling I'm a hell of a lot better off than most. At the moment I'm not scared, not about the immediate future anyway. I'm 68. If I make 80, that'll be a miracle. I've got a doctor friend and I said if I make 80, that'll be a miracle, and he said, 'That will be a miracle.'"

"No way am I going to get another 100, that's for sure," Border said. "I'll just slip slowly into the west."