• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blame Green he is complete village proven now. Head got a quickfire 70 odd. Green worse than Shane Watson and the most over rated test cricketer on the planet. He's a test no6 yet not better than Starc or Cummins at batting. Even Roy or Mitch marsh were better all rounders for us.
Blame him for what? I can't see anywhere in my original post where I was looking to attribute blame.

Spark

Global Moderator
I appreciate that the ECB posts 15 minute highlights on YouTube of every day but the guy doing them needs to be told how to make highlights. Random singles and twos getting included, dropped catches not getting proper replays, Khawaja's wicket only being shown as a single analysis shot from behind the wicket (???), lots of missing boundaries etc - wouldn't have thought "highlights" were that hard to get right

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I appreciate that the ECB posts 15 minute highlights on YouTube of every day but the guy doing them needs to be told how to make highlights. Random singles and twos getting included, dropped catches not getting proper replays, Khawaja's wicket only being shown as a single analysis shot from behind the wicket (???), lots of missing boundaries etc - wouldn't have thought "highlights" were that hard to get right
Good to hear that the guy who did the YouTube highlights packages for the NZC has moved up in the world.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England wicketkeepers with 50 dismissals in the Ashes

101 - Alan Knott
84 - Dick Lilley
78 - Alec Stewart
76 - Godfrey Evans
63 - Matt Prior
50 - Jonny Bairstow❤
iirc Stewart holds the record for the most test match defeats against Australia. Mind you, Root can't be far behind now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
all that needs to be done is capture cricinfo's ball by ball commentary through some tool, automate pulling boundaries and capture ball by ball stuff that is really detailed, then look for it in raw footage and clip them. really weird atm

Gob

International Coach
Looks like rain will clear by around 11 but remain cloudy till around 2

Ideal for England if they knock Aust out by 2 pm and get to bat in the sunny bit

Spark

Global Moderator
It does look like the rain should clear by scheduled start based on the radar. Whether the ground is ready by time ofc is another matter but I doubt we'll start that late.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone on this forum (an NZ poster from memory) said these were done by AI nowadays. I dunno if that's true.

I completely agree. It's awful. Reviewed decisions not shown, dropped catches not shown at all, poor variety of angles on dismissal, random and irrelevant singles/twos, and other important highlights left out.

Coronis

International Coach
iirc Stewart holds the record for the most test match defeats against Australia. Mind you, Root can't be far behind now.
Stewart with 22, Anderson 19, Broad/Root 17. So Anderson probably equals/passes him this series and retires with a well earned milestone. Root will shoulder the mantle in the future

Victor Ian

International Coach
England far from out of this. If they restrict Australia to about 400, they will be thereabouts early tomorrow. It is all about the second Aus innings. If they run through Australia then, they will chase it down, which was the whole point of them batting 2nd.

Then you have the weather. Chances are, this game ends in a draw. Then Australia is still only 1 up and they have 3 tests to rectify that.

Stokes only failed last game, so that he can turn up in game 5 and prevent Australia from winning the Ashes and enhance his reputation as the man who does the impossible.

Bahseph

International Debutant
I haven't been able to find this info any where but what is the issue with Stokes knee? Did he have a tear/strain or is it just over use?

Gob

International Coach
England far from out of this. If they restrict Australia to about 400, they will be thereabouts early tomorrow. It is all about the second Aus innings. If they run through Australia then, they will chase it down, which was the whole point of them batting 2nd.

Then you have the weather. Chances are, this game ends in a draw. Then Australia is still only 1 up and they have 3 tests to rectify that.

Stokes only failed last game, so that he can turn up in game 5 and prevent Australia from winning the Ashes and enhance his reputation as the man who does the impossible.
Nah