• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
When’s the last time Broad and Anderson didn’t pick up a wicket on day 1 in England while bowling had to be a while ago
2020 Old Trafford test match vs Pakistan , but day 1 was only 49 overs because of rain ..

If you want an instance where a full day's play occurred and Broad and Anderson went wicketless its 2015 ..

Australia made 337/1 on the first day at Lords 2015 ..
Steve Smith got a double hundred in that game

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
2020 Trent Bridge test match vs Pakistan , but day 1 was only 49 overs because of rain ..

If you want an instance where a full day's play occurred and Broad and Anderson went wicketless its 2015 ..

Australia made 337/1 on the first day at Lords 2015 ..
Steve Smith got a double hundred in that game
Did that finish a draw ?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Starting to get NZ vibes from this bowling attack. A good bowler at the fag end of his career who can’t carry the attack every time, a once excellent bowler who’s visibly passed it, an erratic guy who’s not quite fast enough for his pace to make up for it, and a batsman being utilised as the side’s spinner.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Starting to get NZ vibes from this bowling attack. A good bowler at the fag end of his career who can’t carry the attack every time, a once excellent bowler who’s visibly passed it, an erratic guy who’s not quite fast enough for his pace to make up for it, and a batsman being utilised as the sides spinner.
but which one is Robinson among this rabble

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Starting to get NZ vibes from this bowling attack. A good bowler at the fag end of his career who can’t carry the attack every time, a once excellent bowler who’s visibly passed it, an erratic guy who’s not quite fast enough for his pace to make up for it, and a batsman being utilised as the sides spinner.
You're right, there is something very familiar there isn't there.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Robertson’s your typical county green top bully. Henry in his brief county stints has taken 10,000 wickets at 0.002 so that’s close enough.
He really isn't mate, he's a very good bowler.

And we don't produce green tops in England on the whole. The odd one here and there - yes but no more than that.

Have alook at his stats away from home, 26 wkts at under 26 a throw. Unless of course you think the Aussies and Pakistan produce green tops.

He was poor today but he's a fine bowler.

Socerer 01

International Captain
He really isn't mate, he's a very good bowler.

And we don't produce green tops in England on the whole. The odd one here and there - yes but no more than that.

Have alook at his stats away from home, 26 wkts at under 26 a throw. Unless of course you think the Aussies and Pakistan produce green tops.

He was poor today but he's a fine bowler.
this may be the worst i have seen him bowl in England which is something. he lacks pace but is very clever with the way he uses the seam

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
this may be the worst i have seen him bowl in England which is something. he lacks pace but is very clever with the way he uses the seam
His lack of pace is a bit of a concern at times but on wickets like today it's about line and length not pace.

It's the worst I've seen him bowl - really disappointing

CartyDurham

International Captain
Clearly needs freshening up at the next test and I personally would like to see Potts and Wood involved .

I think Anderson needs a breather , with Robinson and they better play a recognised spinner but to be fair to Root he has taken 55 test wickets but we have to play a recognised spinner, be that Moeen , Dawson, Rehan or another out there

if pope is injured the opportunity is there to bring in foakes as well.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Crawley
duckett
root
bairstow
stokes
foakes wk
moeen
potts
robinson
broad
wood

a possibility if pope is injured and a rest for Anderson but who knows ?

I forgot brook , so take out Robinson and slot brook in at 4 or 5