• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Gob

International Coach
Screenshot_20230628_232837_Chrome.jpg
Wtf is this idiot doing the cricinfo com on about ? Firstly they are 5 down not 6 but even they are 6 down, they are still miles ahead. You take 340 for 5 on a flatty leave aside on a green pitch when it's overcast and you are asked to bat on

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Travis Head was playing proper cricket shots and scoring at run a ball , frustrating that he had to stoop to Bazball level and gift his wicket away but that was a sublime innings

CartyDurham

International Captain
Does the crowd/audience really get anything out of seeing a part-timer throw 5 overs down from one end to up the over rate?

Having said that, I'd normally say quality > quantity but we all saw the English bowling today.
That happens world wide so it’s not just England

have a pleasant evening

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
wow you seem weak just like him
Nah.. I hate Anderson as a bloke (at least how he comes across in cricket games) as much as the next person but you can't deny he has had seriously impactful spells in India across multiple series. He was the major reason England won a series and then another test here, 10 years apart almost.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Aus way ahead this pitch way better to bowl than the 1st test. Anything over 400 is tough, England I thought they didn’t bowl as bad as the commentators were saying. There were so many edges that flew past. Head was hunting that century today, green didn’t have to go that Recklessly and could have survived till stumps. If England can’t do much with the new ball could still be over 450 score
Root bowled a longhop after Green walked in at 300-4. It would have been stupid NOT to try and hit it for a boundary. The issue was 100% in how he executed the shot, not the choice.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Nah.. I hate Anderson as a bloke (at least how he comes across in cricket games) as much as the next person but you can't deny he has had seriously impactful spells in India across multiple series. He was the major reason England won a series and then another test here, 10 years apart almost.
All fast bowlers have a grumpy attitude and that’s for all countries

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus and Green have been disappointing so far in the UK. Both have had a ton of starts and found ways to get themselves out after doing the hard yards or just given there wickets up to nothing shots early.

100% our day though. Should get 400+ from here and I reckon that'll be enough given how the pitch is playing and the forecast.

Spark

Global Moderator
Aus way ahead this pitch way better to bowl than the 1st test. Anything over 400 is tough, England I thought they didn’t bowl as bad as the commentators were saying. There were so many edges that flew past. Head was hunting that century today, green didn’t have to go that Recklessly and could have survived till stumps. If England can’t do much with the new ball could still be over 450 score
It was a long hop. The issue was that he tried to hit it for six rather than just cutting it for four.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
"I don't want to see them talking to the Aussies-talk to them at the end of July! It's all too friendly and England may just pay for it" -Vaughan
This is up there with the sort of stupidity like Ian Healy blaming the wives for being on tour when Australia were bowled out for 60 on the 2015 Ashes tour. Vaughan is really a special sort of dolt.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
but i am a rare chennai criket follower who isn't "knowledgeable"

being taken seriously is not one of my goals

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
This is up there with the sort of stupidity like Ian Healy blaming the wives for being on tour when Australia were bowled out for 60 on the 2013 Ashes tour. Vaughan is really a special sort of dolt.
You probably had to hear the extended 5 minute version for context. The point is we're being too nice, talking to too many papers, not minding losing, etc.

loterry1994

International Debutant
When’s the last time Broad and Anderson didn’t pick up a wicket on day 1 in England while bowling had to be a while ago