• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah but no match winning perfomance apart from the one against SA. His average is soo good because he has to bowl a lot less
he has bowled over 500 overs what exactly are you looking for? he doesn’t have to bowl more because we produce spin friendly pitches, his job is to get wickets and breakthroughs despite bowling less which he is very good at

he has the best average for an Indian pacer who has bowled in 10 innings or more, what exactly are you looking for again?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I feel I should confess that about 15 minutes ago I was going to make some sarcastic smart-arse post about the Australian batters not getting the message to get out stumped to our off-spinner when well set. Got side-tracked, and then Head did his thing.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
he has bowled over 500 overs what exactly are you looking for? he doesn’t have to bowl more because we produce spin friendly pitches, his job is to get wickets and breakthroughs despite bowling less which he is very good at

he has the best average for an Indian pacer who has bowled in 10 innings or more, what exactly are you looking for again?
I am not saying he is not good ,he is but i am just Saying nowadays fast bowler average in India can be misleading due to spin friendly pitches. They have to bowl just 10-12 overs per game in which they get 1 top order and a tail ender by giving 30-35 runs which boast their average. If they have to bowl 40 overs on the same deck then lets see what they can do. And 500 overs in 20 matches in India is just 25 overs a game.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if he had half an eye on Strictly for Xmas, housewives absolutely love him and its still pretty relevant.

It might be more alluring than another test tour abroad and tbf at 40 who could blame him?
Well there have been 2 cricketers who’ve won strictly - Gough and Ramprakash. Not sure I can see Anderson dancing.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I am not saying he is not good ,he is but i am just Saying nowadays fast bowler average in India can be misleading due to spin friendly pitches. They have to bowl just 10-12 overs per game in which they get 1 top order and a tail ender by giving 30-35 runs which boast their average. If they have to bowl 40 overs on the same deck then lets see what they can do. And 500 overs in 20 matches in India is just 25 overs a game.
but thats the point they don’t bowl that many overs because they aren’t meant to do that. if it was that easy then Shami wouldn’t be the only Indian pacer averaging that low