• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah not disagreeing in principle just saw the one replay and he looked likes from it, it probably wrong footed himself.
Always weird to me how the ball does more in Pom after half a dozen overs when some lacquer actually comes off the ball. Opposite here
That's exactly it, his positioning and movement made almost impossible for him to get to. A good keeper would have been there waiting for it.

Another fun fact, if first slip is going low to their inside side (not to mention it barely carried) it's not a first slips catch.

CartyDurham

International Captain
That's exactly it, his positioning and movement made almost impossible for him to get to. A good keeper would have been there waiting for it.

Another fun fact, if first slip is going low to their inside side (not to mention it barely carried) it's not a first slips catch.
He’s not a good keeper. He’s in the team for runs . Still that was a first slip catch, but he was too deep

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Interesting the ECB and CA comms seem to be the reposting the heck out of the photos of the protest. Usually they would not to avoid drawing attention. I guess the photo with Johnny is just too good.

halba

International 12th Man
note day 2 of this test will entirely be washed out due to rain.
so we're looking at 4 days of play. Aussie will be bowled out by end of today in overcast conditions, no way they survive 90 friggUN overs, england will have solid batting conditions on day 3. Eng will have to bat last though on this wicket.

Aus are better off trying to get to 300 playing their usual game.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking at how much this ball is moving Neser might have been a handy pick.

As an aside, as skilled as Anderson is as swinging the ball, you see a lot of far worse bowlers also hooping it about in these conditions. I've watched a lot of tests going back as far as is available, as in the seventies and eighties the only time you saw the ball move close to this much was when it was so damp and gloomy it was practically night and the bowler was a 120 km/h dobbler.

While the some of the more recent editions of the Dukes (not last year's) certainly make for interesting watching, I can only imagine what someone like Marshall would have done with a ball like that.

halba

International 12th Man

As an aside, as skilled as Anderson is as swinging the ball, you see a lot of far worse bowlers also hooping it about in these conditions. I've watched a lot of tests going back as far as is available, as in the seventies and eighties the only time you saw the ball move close to this much was when it was so damp and gloomy it was practically night and the bowler was a 120 km/h dobbler.

While the some of the more recent editions of the Dukes (not last year's) certainly make for interesting watching, I can only imagine what someone like Marshall would have done with a ball like that.
Probably good they didnt waste Ness. They lost the toss here. Day 2 entirely wash out. day 3/4/5 is sunnier conditions.
Ness will play the 3rd test and more depending on performance.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

If there's any conditions in the world where you wouldn't pick Starc, and you would pick Boland or Neser, this is it. It's frustrating for sure.