• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Usman going against what has made him the Greatest Opener of All Time with that quick single

Burgey

He knows Jimmy is bowling hooping outies and first slip is very wide as a result. This is basic positioning and movement for a keeper, he should have got there comfortably

source: I was a keeper for years
Yeah not disagreeing in principle just saw the one replay and he looked miles from it, it probably wrong footed himself.
Always weird to me how the ball does more in Pom after half a dozen overs when some lacquer actually comes off the ball. Opposite here

Meridio

International Regular
Bairstow completely cast in position there, probably should have been his catch. Root also a foot too deep and not in a great position to move, he's gone very late with the hand rather than moving the body. England a bit off so far in very helpful conditions

Uppercut

He knows Jimmy is bowling hooping outies and first slip is very wide as a result. This is basic positioning and movement for a keeper, he should have got there comfortably

source: I was a keeper for years
I think when you pick Bairstow as WK you just need to accept he’s not catching those ones and hope the extra batting makes up for it. Having a proper WK has become so undervalued in tests.