• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tonguey? That’s his ****ing nickname? TONGUEY? Is my toddler in charge of coming up with nicknames? What the **** is this ****? Just call him by his first name you unimaginative idiotic ****s!

From “Whispering Death” to TONGUEY? Truly human civilization is in decline.
Yeah but English cricket nickames is always just to add a -y on the end.

Surely you know this already silentstrikey.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tonguey? That’s his ****ing nickname? TONGUEY? Is my toddler in charge of coming up with nicknames? What the **** is this ****? Just call him by his first name you unimaginative idiotic ****s!

There's barely a player in the English team with a nickname that isn't just a 'y' tacked on the end.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
For the 1st time in my life I am about to watch an Ashes test on regular NZ free to air tv. It is sad that Spark Sport has died, but this is great for cricket in NZ in the short-term.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should just take nicknames from memorable incidents from their playing career imo.

E.g. Shahid "run on the pitch" Afridi.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Pretty much the standard level of nickname for English players.

Athers, Nass, KP, Rooty, Jimmy, Broady, YJB, it doesn't take a brain genius to come up with those. Whoever came up with Chef for Alistair Cook had to explain the wordplay to the team about three times.