• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
my back is ****ed, but on the plus side I should get to watch all the cricket. Not that confident, samey attack and Tongue is no replacement for Wood really....
That's my excuse too :laugh: Try cocodamol (morphine). Works for me but can give serious nightmares. Woody (great fan btw) is a bit of a sicknote. Tongue is a young replacement for Mo actually. Root showed enough with the ball to be almost considered an all rounder. i would have thrown young Rehan in at the deep end, but ........ Drop Jimmy. Does that qualify as heresy

loterry1994

International Debutant
Has Mark Wood ever played a full test series? Feels like his always injured his a great bowler in all formats when fit. Probably should have changed his bowling action years ago though. Way too much pressure on his ankles

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Has Mark Wood ever played a full test series? Feels like his always injured his a great bowler in all formats when fit. Probably should have changed his bowling action years ago though. Way too much pressure on his ankles
I think it's smart that he doesn't. He's a vital weapon for England in all 3 formats, if they want him to continue to be so - they need to look after him.

Has there ever been an all three formats 150+ guy who stays fit?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would not count wickets or runs against Ireland whatsoever. Tongue for me has not played a test match and to give him his debut against the best side in the world is high risk to say the least.
That’s okay because he’s playing for the best side in the world

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Wondering what more Liam Dawson has to do to get picked. I was never much of a fan but he's on fire with bat and ball atm.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems a weird move to have a Wednesday Test when TV revenue is your main source of your product? I completely get it that you pack Lord's out whether you start on a Monday, Wednesday or Saturday, but surely the first three days falling on a weekday doesn't maximise the dreaded term of 'eyeballs' that administrators seek?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's smart that he doesn't. He's a vital weapon for England in all 3 formats, if they want him to continue to be so - they need to look after him.

Has there ever been an all three formats 150+ guy who stays fit?
Can’t recall one.

I think England led the way a bit with rotation of their quicks, primarily as Broad and Anderson got older, but it’s become much more of a thing for everyone these days.

When the idea was first raised here, there was a huge backlash from the players and supporters alike. Now it’s just an accepted part of the game.