• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Gob

International Coach
Interesting to note that, with England's new style of play, opposition's bowlers don't get as many miles in their legs. Disparity in the overs bowled by Aus and England bowlers is quite significant so Aust bowlers would remain comparatively fresh

CartyDurham

International Captain
Interesting to note that, with England's new style of play, opposition's bowlers don't get as many miles in their legs. Disparity in the overs bowled by Aus and England bowlers is quite significant so Aust bowlers would remain comparatively fresh
Good though in it?

should be an easy 5-0 to Australia then, don’t you think?

Gob

International Coach
Good though in it?

should be an easy 5-0 to Australia then, don’t you think?
Nothing is easy

But England has to win this. If they lose here, all the good work they've done last summer and over in Pakistan would mostly go down the toilet as their own media and pundits will turn against them. For the short term future of bazball, this game is a knock out

CartyDurham

International Captain
Nothing is easy

But England has to win this. If they lose here, all the good work they've done last summer and over in Pakistan would mostly go down the toilet as their own media and pundits will turn against them. For the short term future of bazball, this game is a knock out
Not really though. It’s only attacking cricket trying to win the game.

that word is seared into the heads of overseas cricket fans. It’s just media driven rubbish

all they are doing is playing in a T20 style in a test match. That’s all it is

so no, it’s not a knockout even if defeat comes. It will continue for a whole lot longer and England attacking makes a change from just let the opposition walk all over them, which happened between 1987 and 2005

I know it’s not accepted but that’s all it is

Gob

International Coach
Not really though. It’s only attacking cricket trying to win the game.

that word is seared into the heads of overseas cricket fans. It’s just media driven rubbish

all they are doing is playing in a T20 style in a test match. That’s all it is

so no, it’s not a knockout even if defeat comes. It will continue for a whole lot longer and England attacking makes a change from just let the opposition walk all over them, which happened between 1987 and 2005

I know it’s not accepted but that’s all it is
Well you are losing the Ashes at home after 22 years

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
my back is ****ed, but on the plus side I should get to watch all the cricket. Not that confident, samey attack and Tongue is no replacement for Wood really....

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Nothing is easy

I don't think that will be the case unlike we got an absolute hammering in the series.

But that goes for any team. If we beat the Aussies 4-1 then their coach would be sacked and their media and pundits would be asking questions - were they too defensive, is their style out of date etc etc.

It's the nature of the beast.

Niall

International Coach
I'm surprised a bit by the Tongue selection, he really has come from nowhere.

He bowled decently enough against Ireland but no more than that and not well enough to leapfrog the likes of Woakes and Potts.

Presumably they like what they see and maybe he's been tearing it up in the nets.
I would not count wickets or runs against Ireland whatsoever. Tongue for me has not played a test match and to give him his debut against the best side in the world is high risk to say the least.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I would not count wickets or runs against Ireland whatsoever. Tongue for me has not played a test match and to give him his debut against the best side in the world is high risk to say the least.
A bowler whose probably not gonna take the new ball , will probably come on as 4th change seamer and bats at no.10 ..That's a tough ask setting the youngster up for failure.

Qlder

International Debutant
  • Nathan Lyon, who becomes the eighth player to put together 100 consecutive Tests, needs five wickets to reach 500
I bet you can't name the other 7?

There's actually only 5 so Lyon becomes the 6th player with 100 consecutive Tests joining Gavaskar, Border, Mark Waugh, Cook and McCullum